Program Manager/Release Train Engineer (RTE/SAFe)
As the Program Manager/Release Train Engineer (RTE) at Gogo, you will facilitate the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Agile Release Train (ART) processes and program execution, escalate impediments, manage risk, and help drive program-level continuous improvement. You are responsible for facilitating program level work within the SAFe framework and coordinating with all teams across the organization
- Lead and facilitate software teams on the ART through development and delivery, guide the transition to and implementation of SAFe.
- Plan and facilitate all aspects of Program Increment planning on a quarterly basis.
- Facilitate the Scrum of Scrum meetings, and acts as SAFE facilitator/coach at the Program level.
- Provide guidance in Agile, Scrum, and SAFe and leads Agile delivery teams to deliver value consistently.
- Support ART teams with ART Launch and Agile transformations.
- Serve as an expert on Agile software principles to other team members.
- Engage directly with stakeholders to define mission value and prioritize work and build intellectual capital in Agile techniques.
- Collaborate with the communities of practice, develop and conduct Agile-oriented training, and identify and deploy key metrics to enable continuous improvement.
- Support scrum ceremonies for the team where needed (Planning, Retrospective, Grooming & Review/Demo)
- Facilitate impediment resolution in a timely, cost effective manner. Act as a conduit to other teams and lines of business stakeholders
- Track and produce key metrics (e.g., burn-down, burn-up charts, and cumulative flow diagram)
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- 2+ years experience working in scaled Agile environment as RTE or Product Manager with a minimum of 5 teams.
- 4+ years experience leading Agile teams as Scrum Master or Product Owner.
- Experience with launching Agile Release Trains.
- Exposure to the following technologies as Scrum master, product owner or RTE:
- Web Services, Web APIs, and microservices
- SQL and NoSQL based solutions
- Cloud deployments, containers, and continuous integration
- SOAP and RESTful services.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Practical problem solving and strategic thinking skills, critical thinker, and self-starter
- Superior communications skills with all levels of employees and both internal and external customers-including presentations, negotiations, and written reports
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining view on the strategic direction and being as detailed as needed. Willing and able to get down in the details “to make things happen”
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with demanding schedule constraints and technically challenging programs
Preferred Education and Experience
- Scaled Agile certification (SPC)
- Experience in both start-ups and consolidated companies is preferred.
- Wireless Telecommunication experience, Satellite, and/or cellular a plus.
- Knowledge of Avionics systems a plus.
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.