The Program Manager will manage all aspects of program delivery of large scale technical capabilities that includes project plans, resources, and budget. This position will interface directly with all technology teams, vendors and internal Airline Partners and requires someone with track record of managing large, complex technical programs from concept through delivery in a rapidly changing fast paced environment.
- Manage overall program plan - ensuring tracking to strategic deliverables.
- Supporting relationship with engineering teams, their vendors, product team, internal Airline representatives, finance, legal, supply chain and operations to manage interdependencies
- Frame issues, leverage strategic priorities and drive project team towards the best path forward.
- Hold regular cross-functional program review meetings to review and update projects logistics, schedule, and objectives. Assure early problem identification and implementation of corrective action.
- Participate in negotiation of vendor contracts/changes, statements of work, request for proposals and proposal evaluation.
- Interpret, translate, and flow down program requirements into the Program Plan. Identify & manage risk and opportunities to meet program objectives. Monitor compliance with program master plans and schedules, including milestones and performance.
- Ensure all program plans are up-to-date and complete with respect to schedule, cost estimations, and status;
- Lead negotiations with program core team and stakeholders on significant future improvements or changes., research lessons-learned, and best practices;
- Review program proposals and plans to determine technical practicality, funding limitation, business implications, procedures for accomplishing programs, resources requirements and technical coordination meeting, providing technical input as required.
- Provide timely reports to ensure an understanding of the program performance. Prepare interim and completion program reports.
- Take a proactive stance by developing contingency plans for potential risks
- Ensure pertinent written records are maintained that document all agreements for the programs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- 10-15 years of experience managing programs.
- Experience running programs using the following technologies:
- Web Services, Web APIs, and microservices
- SQL and NoSQL based solutions
- Cloud deployments, containers, and continuous integration
- SOAP and RESTful services.
- Experience managing multiple software development lifecycle methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, SAFE, Dev Ops).
- Extensive practical knowledge of program management theory, concepts, theory of constraints, critical path methodology program risk management, program scope management, program management lifecycle
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Practical problem solving and strategic thinking skills, critical thinker, and self-starter
- Superior communications skills with all levels of employees and both internal and external customers-including presentations, negotiations, and written reports
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining view on the strategic direction and being as detailed as needed. Willing and able to get down in the details “to make things happen”
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with demanding schedule constraints and technically challenging programs
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience in both start-ups and consolidated companies is preferred.
- Wireless Telecommunication experience, Satellite, and/or cellular a plus.
- Knowledge of Avionics systems a plus.
Travel Required up to 15% - could be domestic or international
Gogo’s worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse group of technologists, marketers, strategists, and any other function you can think of- all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning.
We connect the aviation industry and its travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared for a dynamic ride with people who are passionate about what they’re building.
Gogo is an equal opportunity employer and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment opportunity. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, medical condition or disability. The EEO is the law and is available here.