Development Technical Lead
The PoC team is looking for someone who can serve as a liaison to the product teams as development of our next-generation Internet and Entertainment platforms progress.
- Ideate and PoC candidate next-gen technologies applicable to our next-gen platforms
- Solicit needs and high-risk areas from product teams
- Ferry PoC technologies through to productization
- Participate on-loan to PI teams, acting as an architect as appropriate
- Present next-gen technologies at appropriate internal forums to evangelize.
- Responsible for software requirements, software architecture and algorithms for Gogo in-flight entertainment products and services.
- Responsible for understanding software behavior, and may need to navigate source code to debug lab & field issues and suggest fixes or product improvements.
- Will support all development, integration and verification and validation activities for projects and products by working with internal developers and 3rd party development teams.
- Work with development team to troubleshoot lab and field issues and track that fixes are provided.
- Interface with operations and Infra team on software release deployment plan.
- Interface with operations team to debug and root cause issues seen in the field, and if necessary, reproduce issues in lab.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering or related technology – advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of 6-8 years of relevant experience in the telecommunications industry, Streaming Media, Inflight Entertainment industry.
- Strong experience / skill in Object Oriented Design / Implementation in Java/C++
- Deep understanding of and experience with the nuts and bolts of digital video encoding and playback.
- Strong development experience with Spring framework
- Strong coding / debugging Skills
- Experience developing in Linux environment is a big plus.
- Working experience with at least two of the following specifications ISO.IEC14496-3 (MPEG4 Audio), AVC(H264), HEVC(H265).
- Working on DRM technologies a plus
- Test driven development is a plus.
- Strong communication skills including technical documentation, written reports and proposals, development and delivery of presentations and the ability to listen to and communicate effectively with customers and vendors
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning.
We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.