What we do
Integrated Analytics is at the hub of where Gogo operations, strategy and data analytics converge, helping the business connect insights to action. Here’s your chance to help to build sound analytics with our operational data.
As a member of Gogo Integrated Analytics team, you will be delivering decision support to several different internal organizations. As such you will use analytics, statistics, and problem-solving techniques to provide actionable insight on system/technology performance, customer experience, and commercial performance to help meet business goals. Our vision is to optimize the future with better data-driven decisions today!
What You’ll Do
Candidates who thrive in this role need to be exceptionally well-rounded, flexible, and driven. Having a practical approach to developing data driven insights, and the ability to identify, execute and deliver on the most impactful opportunities while leveraging analytical best-practices will be required to succeed in this role.
The role requires a blend of technical, commercial and interpersonal skills to navigate large, un-structured data sources to extract insight and communicate how it improves business performance as well as highlight areas of opportunity. In addition, using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you will own the communication and relationships with internal organizations.
- You will bring together, explore and analyze large (petabyte-scale) datasets to find actionable business insight, with an emphasis on customer experience, system and technology performance, KPI improvement, and commercial trend data
- Utilize analytical techniques to determine areas of opportunities to help meet business goals.
- You will use bold problem-solving skills and provide analytics to understand the drivers of current issues and recommend solutions
- You will assist other organizations of the company in understanding the value of an analytical approach to decision-making, provide them with the insights that contribute to their strategic goals and influence their day-to-day activities with tools and solutions.
- Who we need
- Master’s (preferred) or Bachelor’s degree in a Statistics/Math/Computer Science/Engineering
- 2 years of relevant industry experience in analytical roles
- Advanced proficiency in querying and composing large datasets with SQL
- Proficiency using Tableau (or similar BI tools) to create dashboards, reports and data visualizations
- Exceptional team collaboration skills with the ability to work in matrix organizations and influence people
- Excellent verbal, written, and data presentation skills
- Hands on experience on statistical analysis and/or data science experience utilizing R and python is a bonus
- Solid time management and organizational skills. Able to work independently under pressure in time-sensitive, fast-paced environment
- Creativity and critical thinking to go beyond current tools to deliver the best solution
- Bonus points if you have:
- Strong operational and financial acumen
- Experience in strategy consulting
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning.
We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.