Senior Software Engineer-Networking
As a key member of the Gogo Business Aviation engineering team, the Senior Software Engineer-Networking will be responsible for designing and developing production quality software for new products and new features for existing products in a Linux platform environment as part of an Agile development team.
Additionally, this position will be a senior member of the platform software team having co-responsibility and co-leadership for the Linux networking architecture and system design.
Do you want to work on the latest technology with people who are experts in their field and have fun working together?
COME ON BOARD THE GOGO BUSINESS AVIATION ENGINEERING TEAM!
How you will make a difference
- Be involved with and take a leadership role in architectural and design decisions for Linux platform software
- Design low-level system software features for new products or extend design of existing products, including selection and integration of third-party technologies, particularly open source
- Create high and low-level design documentation. Ensure system requirements are fully implemented and functional
- Develop and maintain software with expertise in one or more of the following languages on Linux: Python and Linux scripting languages, Go, C, C++, Python and scripting languages preferred
- Conduct architecture and design reviews, including code inspections
- Assist in development of manual and automated tests to support unit and feature testing
- Work in an agile team environment with ongoing scrum meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineer, Master’s Degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of software development experience, preferably in a data communications/telecommunications environment
- Strong architecture and design background, especially in the area of Linux
- Ability to work effectively and provide leadership and direction in a senior software engineering team
Required Skills, Experience and Talents
- Expert skills and experience in Linux networking including routing, iptables, traffic shaping, QoS, DHCP, and DNS
- Strong technical leadership skills and the ability to champion new ideas and concepts within a senior development team
- Expert application development skills in Linux environments utilizing Python and/or Linux scripting languages, Go and/or C, C++ languages
- In-depth experience as a Software Engineer developing software and utilizing open source packages in data communications and telecommunications systems
- Pride in estimating and driving projects to completion
- Experience delivering product and supporting product in the field
Preferred Skills, Experience and Talents
- Experience with the Jenkins build environment
- Relevant software configuration management skills and tools experience using Git
- Experience with 802.11ac wireless networking
- Knowledge of Linux container concepts, especially Docker related
- Experience with telecommunications protocols and applications including voice processing, PBX and SIP, especially using Asterisk would be a plus
- Experience with Linux kernel drivers
- Experience with Avionics and ARINC protocols
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.