Systems Engineering Manager
The Systems Engineering Manager will be responsible for oversight, management and daily operation of the Airborne Systems Engineering team creating hardware and software development requirements. This position will work as part of a tightly integrated development team, bringing together cross functional groups to distill product requirements into development requirements.
COME ON BOARD THE GOGO BUSINESS AVIATION SYSTEMS ENGINEERING TEAM!
How will you make a difference?
Responsible for management of team developing high level requirements and use case driven design documentation for the system in the avionics environment
Responsible for technical oversight of Airborne Systems Engineering team’s work output and process
Mentor and shape a team and conduct performance reviews of direct reports
Ensure compliance to our AS9100 process
Work with cross functional teams to capture and clarify needs and requirements
Interaction and partnering with product team to ensure new/additional asks align with system capabilities and feature sets.
Oversight for the following
- Airborne Systems Engineering milestones and deliveries
- Airborne Systems Engineering lifecycle and process improvements
- Airborne Systems Engineering requirement standards, tools, and documentation
Concurrent engineering responsibilities
Support the hardware/software design teams from product inception to release, including:
- Assessment and review of product requirements
- HW/SW specification, requirements, & design reviews
- Production and process requirements
- Master’s Degree in Engineering Fields or equivalent experience
- 10+ years’ of hardware, software, or avionics system development experience
- 2 years’ direct, hands-on people management experience
Required Skills, Experiences & Talents
- Avionics industry, DO-160/MIL-STD, and/or DO-178/DO-254 experience
- Knowledge and experience in both hardware and software development process and operations
- In-depth familiarity with systems engineering and product development processes
Preferred Skills, Experiences & Talents
- Industry experience in telecommunications and video entertainment systems a plus
- 4G LTE/5G experience a plus
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.