Aircraft Electrical Engineer
Responsible for generating and checking electrical drawings (i.e. Wiring Diagrams, Harness Assembly, Routing and Clipping) for modifications to commercial aircraft. Provide technical leadership and electrical designs on assigned programs. Serve as primary technical interface with external organizations and integrate the efforts of supporting functions. Responsible for providing technical support and guidance to Associate Engineers and Designers.
Essential Job Functions
- Accomplish detailed electrical design of aircraft equipment installations and alterations (antennas, avionics equipment, interior components).
- Prepare and/or check documentation as necessary to satisfy customer, company and regulatory requirements.
- Work to quickly resolve electrical manufacturing and installation problems.
- Formulate, implement and track engineering programs to achieve overall goals, technical requirements, schedules, contracts, specifications or for problems encountered in design, development and installation.
- Monitor and report status versus requirements.
- Provide electrical engineering guidance/counsel and communicate program information within the organization and supporting groups.
- Perform additional duties as directed.
- Thorough knowledge of AutoCAD. SolidWorks experience a plus.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Requires working knowledge of and experience with design methodologies and practices.
- Must be able to work either alone or as part of a team to solve problems.
- 4+ years experience working on commercial aircraft modifications
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to generate alternative ideas.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience dealing with the FAA ACO and FAA DER’s/DAR’s.
- Understanding of Electro-Magnetic Interference between electrical systems
Gogo’s worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse group of technologists, marketers, strategists, and any other function you can think of- all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning.
We connect the aviation industry and its travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared for a dynamic ride with people who are passionate about what they’re building.
Gogo is an equal opportunity employer and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment opportunity. Gogo also participate Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, medical condition or disability. The EEO is the Law is available here.