Aircraft Applications Engineering Manager
You will work in tandem with the Regional and OEM Sales Managers in support of new business pursuits by providing technical leadership and direction. Additionally, you will provide the primary Engineering interface for the Customer Operations organization for production/sustaining products and services. Finally, you will represent the “Voice of the Customer” during the Engineering Development Projects.
COME ON BOARD THE CUSTOMER OPERATIONS TEAM!
How will you make a difference?
- Coaches and mentors a high-performing sales engineering team, meets project deliverables by addressing any roadblocks, models Gogo leadership values and behaviors
- Drives and ensures consistency of personnel within the sales engineering team including hiring, on boarding, compensation and performance management
- Develops key leadership relationships to ensure the collaboration between the sales engineering team, Sales (OEM and After Market), Engineering, and Customer Operations
- Monitors the overall operating budget, adjusts team strategy as needed and accurately reports out to leadership on any budget issues
- Partners with Gogo leaders to enable Sales Engineers to be best in business by driving innovative technical programs and overseeing current to long-term account-level activities
- Supports Product Development Team during all phases of the product lifecycle by attending cross-functional team meetings, design reviews, operational status meetings, etc., and by providing avionics and aircraft expertise to increase customer acceptance of Gogo Business Aviation’s products and Services
- Develops and continuously improves processes, job aids and work instructions as applicable
- Stays abreast of regulatory changes and new requirements; interpret those that may affect certification and installation of Gogo Business Aviation’s products
- Understands and interprets pertinent standards relevant to certification and installation of our products, including RTCA DO-160 and CFR title 47
- Develops working relationships with regulatory agencies, Dealers and OEMs
- Provides guidance on certification issues with Dealers and Customers
- Resolves Dealer and OEM issues with interfaces and installation; collaborate with internal teams to drive improvements from issues in the field
- Provides technical guidance and recommendations for technical documentation such as user’s manuals, installation manuals and other technical support materials by generating technical content, reviewing and editing manuals, tech notes, diagrams, sales collateral, and other documents as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in electronic, electrical engineering or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 7 years of sales engineering experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the aviation industry is preferred
- Avionics experience is required
- Ability to lead remotely as needed
- Experience leading the integration and testing of avionics, telecommunication, and RF devices
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to vendor and customer sites (20%)
- Strives in moving in a fast-paced environment; including handling multiple calls/demos per day with immediate follow up.
- High-level business acumen understanding, and experience is required
- Strong knowledge in Avionics regulations and certification schemes
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and/or electrical and mechanical drawings and sketches
- Excellent problem solving, and analytical skills are required
Other Skills, Experience and Talents
- Excellent written and communication skills; professional demeanor
- Energetic and self-motivated; able to work urgently
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment and make decisions
- Ability to handle multiple inquiries and priorities while maintaining a pleasant demeanor with the customer
- Entrepreneurial and Driven – need for success, highly energetic with a strong hands-on, “can do” approach.
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development. Responsible for your staff and their success and for the success of the group as a whole
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning.
We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.