This position is for a Java Engineer who will help us design and develop our next generation airline services platform. We are building a globally deployed platform for our customers using some best-in-class, open-source code such as Spring Cloud Netflix and leveraging features such as Archaius, Hystrix, Zuul and others.
We have a progressive, forward thinking DevOps team and believe in developer empowerment. As a developer you will have access and capability to deploy your code into production on your own terms using leading edge tooling with Netflix Spinnaker and our recently open-sourced, Gogo Foremast, enabling single click deploys. This role requires strong Java skills and a solid understanding of building and deploying micro-services.
- Design and develop globally deployed cloud based micro-servicessolutions with high availability.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- 1-4 years of in-depth development experience with Java.
- Experience building highly scalable distributed systems.
- Web Services, Web APIs, and micro-services.
- Solid experience with SQL and NoSQL based solutions.
Bonus Skills & Experience
- Reactive programming - RxJava, Akka Play.
- AWS deployments
- Experience working in a DevOps environment with continuous deployments.
- Functional programming