Systems Engineer (Developer)
- Communication Skills: You will need effective listening and speaking skills in order to convey instructions to colleagues who are working on projects you are overseeing.
- Interpersonal Skills: This skill set, which includes social perceptiveness and the ability to coordinate your actions with others' actions, is also essential when dealing with business partners.
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills: The former will allow you to determine users' needs and the latter to troubleshoot problems that come up during the development process.
- Attention to Detail: Ability to pay careful attention to multiple parts of the systems and applications on which you are working.
- Creativity: As a developer, having the ability to come up with ideas for new applications and systems.
- Work with developers to design algorithms and flowcharts
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Integrate software components and third-party programs
- Verify and deploy programs and systems
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Gather and evaluate user feedback
- Recommend and execute improvements
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Proven experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Experience with development for, and integration with cloud platforms and SaaS applications
- General knowledge of Active Directory and standard authentication protocols (SAML 2.0) in regard to development and integration
- Knowledge of any ERP Application (Microsoft Dynamics NAV will be an added Advantage)
- Experience with ServiceNow Platform
- Experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g. Hibernate)
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Ability to balance a wide variety of projects in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to quickly pick up new languages, technologies, and frameworks
- Ability to work collaboratively on a team of like-minded people
- Resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- 3+ years’ experience in web and software development