Engineer, Software Development - Micro Services
The Development Engineer will be responsible for understanding a broad view of the Gogo airborne network, its interfaces to the ground and customer services, and evolving the software system architecture to best serve the business needs and road maps.
- Top level requirement decomposition and documentation supporting development of new feature specifications
- Rapid prototyping activity which includes design/coding/testing to confirm the design/architecture
- Design and develop next generation of ABS utilizing virtualized systems
- Able to develop and maintain scalable, modular, fault-tolerant, and portable software for the Gogo Airborne Broadband System running on a target platform using Embedded Linux solutions.
- Produce documentation for design, implementation and testing of next-gen system
- Write simple, clean & complete code employing to best coding practices and standards
- Troubleshooting issues from both networking and software perspectives
- C/C++, Java, Python development experience necessary
- Responsible for understanding software behavior, and navigate source code to debug in-development & production issues, and suggest effective fixes or product improvements to the development teams keeping timelines in mind
- Troubleshoot lab and field issues, and track that those fixes are provided
- Apply engineering knowledge, physical principles, mathematics, computer utilities, and technology to analyze system and component performances and failure modes
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering or related technology
- Experience in the software development industry
- Strong software development & testing (unit / functional / integration / load) skills
- Demonstrated use-case analysis, requirements analysis, design, production, integration, test and transition into operations.
- Demonstrated ability to support end users / customers and prioritize issues appropriately
- Demonstrated leadership ability, self-motivated and ability to work well in cross-functional teams
- Strong communication skills including technical documentation, written reports and proposals, development and delivery of presentations and the ability to listen to and communicate effectively with internal as well as external teams
- Demonstrated ability to work well autonomously
- Comfortable working in Agile Environment
- 2 to 4 years of proven software development experience in C, C++, Java and scripting languages
- Strong working experience with one or more programming languages such as C/C++, JAVA, Node.js, Go, Python
- Experience developing in Linux environment
- Experience working on virtualization and containers
- Experience working on messaging platform in a microservices architecture
- Ability to review software code with critical precision, and provide constructive improvement feedback
- Expertise of IPv4 Routing, TCP, UDP and Application functionality and behavior.
- Knowledge on Linux/Unix with experience in using iptables, QoS principles
- Knowledge of multi-threaded programming
- Working experience on websockets, microservices
- Experience in developing utilities independently and rapidly
- Understanding of WiFi (802.11a/b/g/n)
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning.
We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.