VP, Corporate Technology
The VP, Corporate Technology reports to the Senior VP of Software and is responsible for leading all aspects of IT Engineering, Cyber Security, Service Desk and Information Technology Services for Gogo. The VP will be responsible for developing the strategy, execution and day-to-day technical operations of the teams. This position oversees all the people, technical processes and physical assets to ensure efficient, effective, reliable and secure global technical operations. The VP will provide expert direction and oversight for major decisions, ensures high availability and performance for all technology while managing a team of resources who provide fast, high quality and reliable service and support. Candidates will have strategic vision and will be responsible for leading and overseeing the teams and organizational governance processes.
- Collaborate with VP level peers to determine technology needs and priorities for future architecture
- Work with various business leaders to roadmap and manage the technology portfolio from physical data centers, software defined networks, cloud and satellite technologies
- Act as advocate and primary owner of company’s information security vision via regular written and in-person communications with the company’s executives, department heads, and end users.
- Aligns the information security standards of the company with business and IT objectives, minimizing risk exposure.
- Remain current on industry best practices and trends, recommending improvements and upgrades accordingly
- Work closely with internal and external technology partners to provide core services / technology such as DNS, NTP, IdAM, etc
- Manage business continuity and disaster recovery plan for productivity services
- Create enterprise capability portfolio for internal tools (Enterprise Resource Management, Customer Relationship Management, Service Management, Asset Management)
Governance / Compliance
- Oversee compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements including process controls, collaboration with internal / external Audit and appropriate teams.
- Ensures that solutions meet all legal, compliance, internal controls, and accounting standards
- Ensure information security policies, products and procedures are in keeping with industry regulations and all relevant legislation.
- Oversee IT procurement lifecycle with internal and external stakeholders
- Approve major contracts with vendors for all technology, communications, and information systems, service and equipment purchases
- Direct the management of vendor relationships and services in area of responsibility
- Participate in the selection, negotiation, and execution of contracts with vendors for areas of responsibility
- Oversee operations at geographically separated locations, providing onsite and remote assistance to multi-national teams
- Lead a large team of professional IT staff, providing mentoring, performance coaching and staff development opportunities to increase staff effectiveness and retention.
- Manage the development, maintenance, and forecasting of expense and capital budget in area of responsibility
- Direct the day-to-day activities of the function; including prioritization and troubleshooting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA)
Technical Focus Areas
- Experience implementing and supporting Microsoft Azure infrastructure and topologies
- Experience supporting Production applications or workloads in a cloud-based environment
- Experience with on-premise hyper-converged infrastructure solutions
- Experience integrating legacy platforms and applications with cloud-based systems
- Understanding of IAM constructs, including MFA, SSO, IdAM, PAM, and others, across data center, private cloud, and public cloud environments.
- Experience with Microsoft technologies including Office 365 Suite, SQL, Active Directory, Azure AD, SCCM, Intune, ATP, and others
- Experience with Mac OS, JAMF and supporting technologies
- Experience supporting development, stage and production environments for IT systems and product development
- Grasp of current and emerging technologies and trends, with ability to rapidly assess and apply new and emerging technologies
- Performance analysis, troubleshooting and remediation techniques
- Strong technical knowledge base with intense user business orientation
Compliance Focus areas
- Experience in implementing and managing regulatory compliance
- Knowledge of PCI DSS and cyber security standards such as ISO27001, NIST CSF
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, internal and external audit processes
- A strong understanding of Information / Application security on premise and on-cloud
- Understanding of High Availability and Disaster Recovery principles
- Relevant experience to enable selection criteria for cloud providers and application suitability assessments including detailed cloud architecture design for global scale and high availability
Leadership Focus Areas
- Proven track record of success in hiring, mentoring and leading a team of skilled technology professionals to ensure high performance and professional development
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage competing priorities effectively, making good decisions based on business priorities and objectives.
- Customer service orientation with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations – ability to serve multiple customers and deliver an excellent employee experience.
- High degree of integrity and honesty; demonstrated ability to exercise confidentiality and neutrality in complex and sensitive situations.
- Demonstrated program ownership and consistent delivery on commitments – excellent organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail.
- Excellent project management and relationship management skills, with a keen ability to work collaboratively and develop trust.
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership of infrastructure change and transformation programs
- Innovative thinker, able to envision how technology can be implemented to solve challenges
- Experience in planning and managing complex projects
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree in IT or related field (engineering) required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 12+ years’ experience in information technology, the majority in managing enterprise scale infrastructures across broad technology disciplines such as Compute, Storage and Networking verticals
- 8+ years demonstrated leadership experience
- 3+ years working with cloud-based platforms (primarily Azure) in an enterprise environment
- Experience with designing, implementing, or operating IT systems to support global operations on leading commercial Cloud platforms, including Azure, AWS and other leading IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS Solutions
- Ability to travel domestically and possibly internationally
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.