Systems Integration Test Engineer
Gogo’s Software System Integration Test Quality team is looking towards building an efficient and high-performance Agile team with strong focus on continuous integration and deployment. If you want to utilize your Best Test Practices of Agile, this position may be for you.
As a Systems Integration Test Engineer at Gogo, you will be responsible for all aspects of SW test activities supporting an Agile team. You will be responsible for verification and validation of Gogo’s core services: IFC/IFE, IPTV, as well as other key applications. Work with OEMs (Boeing, Airbus, Bombardier) for line-fit certification processes using AS9100/9115 or similar guidelines. Your focus will be following agile processes, performing agile testing (embedded within agile team), and continuous automation. Accountability includes driving key strategic quality objectives; 1) Service Availability as per airline contractual agreement 2) Production Defect Containment 3) On Time Delivery. Further, you will expand your technical as well as thinking skills for product maintainability and sustainability. In addition, you will work with 3rd party vendors on various SATCOM integration activities. Strong thinking skills on: 1) assessing quality on entire system 2) evaluating solutions/services on system upgrade in production 3) analyzing current product/services impact on Airline’s maintenance activities. Minimal travel required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Verify and validate SW products/applications in simulated as well as production environments
- Hands-on with Continuous Integration, Continuous Test and Unit/System Level Automation
- Design test plans, create schedules, execute test cases and provide daily/weekly status on QA activities
- Prepare and execution of test plan/procedures/Mops/SB as well SW upgrade procedures and manuals
- Conduct system performance testing using various off the shelf tools such as Load Generator, iPerf, Schenick; LanForge, etc.
- Capturing IP packets at various nodes/vlans/ports within the network and evaluate them using Wireshark
- Use industry standard automation framework for Sanity, Regression, Performance, and Reliability testing
- Identifying and maintaining SW quality KPIs, such as Defects Arrival Rate, Defects/Requirement; and driving continuous improvement with strong focus on shift left.
- Define and develop automated dashboards for product/SW metrics highlighting status and progress of the programs/projects
- Ability to minimize testing interval based on assessment of impacted modules/functions
- Improve test strategies, methodologies(DevOps/Agile) and procedures that validate product features, using test plans/functional specifications, based on system requirements
- Participate in SCRUM ceremonies and highlight feedback on testing challenges during retrospect’s
- Ability to contribute productively to a fast-paced development team, delivering tested code in
- Provide technical guidance and risk assessment in design, test plan, quality, and capability readiness reviews
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with demanding schedule constraints and technically challenging programs
- Be an active participant on epic, story, design reviews, test plan reviews, bug scrub calls and assessing defects severity as per establish definitions
- Adhere internal software development processes for complying AS9100.9115/Airbus line-fit processes
- College degree and 4 years of Agile Quality Assurance and Quality Engineering experience
- Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) and Testing processes
- Solid working knowledge on TCP/IP, Packet Capture/WireShark, Schenick, iPerf, iMonitor, LGT
- Hands-on Linux/Unix Shell, Perl, Python, Java Scripting; Web Sockets, AWS, Webapps
- Experience on JAMA, JIRA and Agile tools
- Driving quality metrics and identifying improvement opportunities
- Work in dynamic, fast-paced environment with multitasking on various fronts
- Working knowledge on KU Satellite Communication: Antenna, Modem, ACU, RF is preferable
- Strong knowledge on Six Sigma (DMAIC) process
- Good knowledge on certifications (AS9110/AS9115/DO178 line-fit)
- Strong networking background with CCNA/CCNE certifications
- Practical problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Must be flexible to work off-hours to support onsite teams
- Superior communications skills with all levels of employees and both internal and external customers-including presentations, negotiations, and written reports
- Knowledge on scripting languages such as Python or Ruby a plus
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning.
We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.