We are looking for a Director of DevOps and SRE to join our team here at Gogo. This role requires a technical leader who can direct teams in a complex technology environment and evangelize the DevOps and SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) principles through effective communication, collaboration with cross functional teams, integration, and automation.
This role will require strong technical background in the AWS technology stack. He/She will drive change within the Gogo organization to continue evolving a world class platform that is highly available and multi-region. A visible leadership role will be prudent as we implement a consistent operating model, including standard processes, KPIs and practices for service availability, production automation and engineering.
- Establish and lead the service delivery culture for our growing cloud business, building best-in class service engineering capabilities in the DevOps team.
- Develop a plan for and implement Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) strategy for our platform and tooling
- Help to build a collaborative DevOps strategy and partnership with local and remote development teams
- Manage the delivery of highly performant and highly scalable cloud services at an optimized cost point.
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of service availability. Perform quality reviews, manage operational risks, and operational issues.
- Establish & lead a strong operational backbone including establishing processes around metrics driven application support model.
- Responsible for the Engineering Operations, including software and tools needed by the Engineering organization to deliver high quality software.
- Responsible for leading the CI/CD maturity journey of the engineering organization.
- Establish a culture of high performance, transparency and continuous improvement as it relates to the development and support of our cloud services and to the streamlining of the development pipeline.
- Management of AWS technologists and operations engineers including goal setting, performance management, coaching, mentoring and development planning.
- Ensure that programs, initiatives & projects are delivered on-time and within budget. Manage risks appropriately & plan proactive mitigation. Regular status reporting including but not limited to budget, project & support status
- Evangelize DevOps best practices to the broader tech organization
- Mentor new and existing team members
- Identify opportunities for automation and optimization and build it into the deployment cycle to improve quality, productivity and efficiency
- Manage the collaboration with corresponding cross functional teams for issues/requests requiring code changes or support with appropriate priority.
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written.
- 8+ years of relevant software engineering experience.
- Passionate about build automation and improving developer productivity
- Experience with continuous integration systems such as Jenkins.
- Experience building RESTful web services
- Experience with Netflix OSS tooling
- 5+ years of platform architecture and support experience
- 5+ years of DevOps related experience in developing and implementing processes to optimize development team productivity and reduce operational overhead
- 5+ years’ experience with running medium to large/complex projects or teams with multiple interactions and dependencies
- Demonstrated ability to define and communicate strategy and vision and influence across the enterprise
- Ability to work hands on with team members to inspire and motivate all levels of staff towards both tactical and strategic delivery goals
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.