Over the past three years, the DevOps team at Gogo has transformed the way software is built and deployed, and we have far too many success stories to share here. However, our work isn’t even close to being done, and we are looking for someone to join us in meeting the bold objectives required to keep us at the forefront of industry.
• Create and maintain CI/CD pipeline infrastructure.
• Empower development teams to do self-service deployments via GitOps.
• Provide ways for developers to build, test, store, and deploy high quality value to customers.
• Reduce the total cost of ownership by making wise use of AWS technologies, as well as other proprietary and open source solutions.
• Keep data secure and follow security best practices.
• Write code to build tools and automation.
• Help manage the backlog of tasks related to feature development, developer requests, and technical debt.
• Learn new skills and share knowledge with the team.
• Debug tough problems using a methodical approach that minimizes risks and time invested.
• Participate in the on-call rotation for outage triaging and remediation
• Promote a respectful and productive work environment.
• Teach developers how to solve problems and help themselves.
• Lead development initiatives and delegate work.
• Make architectural decisions and protect the integrity of existing systems.
• Able to communicate effectively with the team
• Train team members.
• Review and approve changes.
Education & Experience
• Computer Science bachelor's degree or similar experience; master's degree preferred
• 3+ years of experience with basic AWS services like EC2, Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, EFS, and IAM
• Experience with other AWS services like API Gateway, Step Functions, SQS, SNS, Fargate, ECR, EKS is preferred
• 5+ years of experience with Linux systems administration: Red Hat, Debian, and/or Amazon Linux is preferred
• 2+ years of experience with Linux systems automation: Ansible and AWS Systems Manager preferred; Vagrant, Chef, Puppet, etc. also applicable
• Understanding of basic computer networking: TCP/IP, ICMP, DNS, HTTP, and routing required; CCNA or similar preferred
• Experience with source code management: Git experience required
• Understanding of the Agile Manifesto, 12 Factor Applications, and the AWS Well-Architected Framework
• 2+ years of experience with serverless deployments and containers: AWS Lambda and/or Docker experience required
• Experience with infrastructure-as-code, secrets management, artifact storage, source code management, and CI/CD solutions is required
• Experience using Hashicorp Terraform and Vault, AWS Secrets Manager, JFrog Artifactory, GitLab, Jenkins, and Spinnaker is preferred
Gogo’s worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse group of technologists, marketers, strategists, and any other function you can
think of- all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and its travellers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared for a dynamic ride with people who are passionate about what they’re building.