Senior VoIP Engineer
The Gogo Business Aviation Senior VoIP Engineer will be responsible for Gogo’s VoIP platform powering Gogo Text and Talk and other services. As the subject matter expert for our VoIP systems you will administer systems, circuits, and network configuration. Additionally, you will manage health check systems and manage vendor relationships. You will join a diverse team of engineers providing carrier grade services to Business Aviation customers!
Come on board and join Gogo’s Business Aviation Network Engineering Team!
How will you make a difference?
- Maintain the day-to-day operations of Gogo Text and Talk, Business Voice Talk and Gogo Biz Voice
- Enhance, develop, and further integrate VoIP systems in geo-redundant data centers while working collaboratively with other engineering teams
- Administer Oracle ACME SBCs and AccuROAM servers
- Provide Tier 4 level of support in response to escalations or wide spread network issues
- Maintain, analyze, and further enhance VoIP-related fault alerting and performance metrics
- Administer and enhance underlying scripts used to interface with business reporting, tools, billing systems and health check solutions
- Act as our VoIP system subject matter expert while interfacing with development teams in support of product enhancement initiatives
- Ensure highly available services by regularly testing fault scenarios and exercising geo-redundant systems
- Bachelor’s degree in telecom, networking or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years’ experience working with carrier-level VoIP systems
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time
Required Skills, Experience and Talents
- Solid understanding and hands on experience with SS7, SIP, RTP/RTCP, Asterisk, Dial Plans, and Kamilio
- Experience capturing and reviewing packets to identify problems affecting the call quality or connections
- Strong service provider-oriented networking background with Cisco IOS
- Understand configuration of VPN tunnels, access lists, network optimization and shaping techniques
- Solid experience in VMware setup and maintenance
- Experience working with multiple vendors during critical escalations
- Solid experience Linux OSat administrative level
- Possess strong scripting skills
- Have a track record of being a key contributor in successful projects
- Be able to effectively interface and support all levels, internally and externally
- Be able to maintain composure while working through demanding situations
- Function well and enjoy being a member of a broadly focused technical team
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.