Software Engineer - Java Development
This position is for a Java Engineer who will help us design and develop our next generation airline services platform. We are building a globally deployed platform for our customers using some best-in-class, open-source code such as Spring Cloud Netflix and leveraging features such as Archaius, Hystrix, Zuul and others.
We have a progressive, forward thinking DevOps team and believe in developer empowerment. As a developer you will have access and capability to deploy your code into production on your own terms using leading edge tooling with Netflix Spinnaker and our recently open-sourced, Gogo Foremast, enabling single click deploys.
This role requires strong Java skills and a solid understanding of building and deploying micro-services.
- Design and develop globally deployed cloud based micro-servicessolutions with high availability.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- 1-4 years of in-depth development experience with Java.
- Experience building highly scalable distributed systems.
- Web Services, Web APIs, and micro-services.
- Solid experience with SQL and NoSQL based solutions.
Bonus Skills & Experience
- Reactive programming - RxJava, Akka Play.
- AWS deployments
- Experience working in a DevOps environment with continuous deployments.
- Functional programming
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning.
We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.