Aircraft Applications Engineer - Savannah, Georgia
The Gogo Business Aviation Aircraft Applications Engineer is responsible for providing quality and efficient Aircraft Engineering support to our Customers, Dealers, and OEMs for products and services that are either in pre-production or in early production.
You will work in tandem with the Regional and OEM Sales Managers in support of new business pursuits. Additionally, you will provide the primary Engineering interface for the customer operations organization for production/sustaining products and services. Finally, you will represent the “Voice of the Customer” during the Engineering Development Projects.
How will you make a difference?
- Provide the interface between the Engineering and Business Aviation Solutions Teams
- Be the “Voice of the Customer” to Engineering and the “Voice of Gogo Business Aviation Development” to Customers (OEMs, Dealers and Installers)
- Provide first tier technical support to OEMs, Dealers and Installers for Gogo Business Aviation’s products and services that are not yet FAA-approved (certified) or in early production
- Provide second tier technical support to OEMs, Dealers and Installers for Gogo Business Aviation’s products and services that are FAA-approved (certified)
- Support Product Development Team during all phases of the product lifecycle by attending cross-functional team meetings, design reviews, operational status meetings, etc., and by providing avionics and aircraft expertise to increase customer acceptance of Gogo Business Aviation’s products and Services
- Effectively track, manage and support multiple projects and priorities
- Develop general process guidelines
- Stay abreast of regulatory changes and new requirements; interpret those that may affect certification and installation of Gogo Business Aviation’s products
- Understand and can interpret pertinent standards relevant to certification and installation of our products, including RTCA DO-160 and CFR title 47
- Develop working relationships with regulatory agencies, dealers and OEMs
- Provide support on certification issues with dealers and customers
- Resolve dealer issues with interfaces and installation
- Handle customer inquiries in a professional manner
- Assist with technical documentation such as user’s manuals, installation manuals and other technical support materials by generating technical content, reviewing and editing manuals, tech notes, diagrams, sales collateral, and other documents as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in electronic, electrical engineering or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the aviation industry
- Avionics experience is required
- Experience integrating and testing avionics, telecommunication, and RF devices
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to vendor and customer sites (20%)
- Candidates must relocate or live in Savannah, GA
- Strong knowledge in Avionics regulations and certification schemes
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and/or electrical and mechanical drawings and sketches
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is preferred
- Troubleshooting skills with the ability to identify fix or mitigate LRU failures
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills are required
Other Skills and Talents
- Professional manner and excellent communication skills essential
- Proven track record of problem solving and broad thinking
- High level of energy and urgency
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment and make decisions
- Ability to handle multiple inquiries and priorities while maintaining a pleasant demeanor with the customer
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning.
We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.