Full Stack Developer
As a Gogo Business Aviation FULL STACK Developer you will contribute to a development team creating the ground infrastructure to enable the connected aircraft.
COME ON BOARD THE GOGO BUSINESS AVIATION ENGINEERING TEAM!
How will you make a difference?
- Hands on Development Position – 80% of time coding
- Implement AWS services including Lambda, DynamoDB, S3
- Adding to our microservices architecture
- FE development using React
- Ability to comprehensively unit tests your code
- Provide Level of Effort estimates for requirements
- Track project tasks, provide status and ensure tasks completed on schedule
- Troubleshoot defects and code resolutions
- Contribute to process improvements, including researching and introducing new development tools
- Guide implementation of best practices for application design/development
- Strong XP/SCRUM/Agile work ethic – Ability to contribute productively to a fast-paced development team, delivering demonstrable code in 1 week increments
- Contribute to a healthy and collaborative development team with a “Get it Done” work ethic
- Proven ability to negotiate timeline and architecture across functional teams
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience with software development
- 3+ years of experience with Java/OOP Languages
- 2+ years of experience in a Linux environment
Required Skills, Experience and Talents
- Understanding of web services technologies such as HTTP, WSDL, XSD, and REST
- Hands on experience with Node.js, Python scripting
- Understanding of microservice general patterns and practices
- Unit testing and TDD best practices with tools like Junit, Mockito, Spock, Jest, Karma, Jasmine
- Experience using SCM tools such as Git. Understanding of the Gitflow workflow
Desirable Skills, Experience and Talents
- Experience with continuous integration and cloud hosting (e.g. AWS, Azure, etc)
- Experience and/or interest in telecommunications and/or aviation industries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required to articulate effectively to your Technology Team and Stakeholders
Gogo’s worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse group of technologists, marketers, strategists, and any other function you can think of- all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning.
We connect the aviation industry and its travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared for a dynamic ride with people who are passionate about what they’re building.
Gogo Business Aviation is an equal opportunity employer and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment opportunity. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, medical condition or disability. The EEO is the law and is available