Representative, Technical Support II
The Gogo Business Aviation SWING SHIFT - Technical Support Representative, Tier II (Monday through Friday 12 noon to 9PM) is responsible for providing high quality and timely technical 24/7 customer support for internal and external customers. This role provides critical post installation troubleshooting guidance to Gogo’s Customers, Dealers, and OEMs.
You will collaborate and partner cross functionally with other Gogo teams to facilitate product sustainment and enhancements. You will have a customer focused mentality and a high technical aptitude, taking the initiative to maintain the highest level of support in a fast-paced demanding environment.
COME ON BOARD THE CUSTOMER OPERATIONS TEAM
How will you make a difference?
- Support complex technical questions for OEMs, dealers and customers in support of all Gogo Business Aviation products and services
- Provide support to end-users of Gogo Business Aviation systems on issues relating to proper use/operation, functionality of services and network performance or coverage
- Collaborate with Field Service Engineers for escalation and support
- Troubleshoot technical issues to achieve resolution in a timely and efficient manner
- Initiate root cause investigations to provide insight to cross functional groups
- Deliver against customer experience and quality targets
- Support the Technical Publications team in the review or preparation of technical documentation such as user’s manuals, installation manuals and other technical support materials
- Support the company’s Quality Management System by following defined processes and procedures, provide input and assistance on Continual Improvement process updates, and where appropriate work on resolutions to Corrective Actions
- Adherence to case management standards to ensure proper data collection and traceability
- Participate in Objective and Key Result initiatives in support of Gogo’s strategy and vision
- Stay informed of regulatory and industry changes
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of technical training and work experience in the field of electrical engineering, avionics, or product support of complex electronic equipment and/or aircraft.
- 2+ years of aircraft system installation and troubleshooting experience
- 5+ years of experience with product support in telecommunications, satcom, aviation and/or internet service
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, under 10%
- This is a safety sensitive role subject to random drug testing
- Availability Monday through Friday 12 noon to 9PM
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills are required
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant certification is preferred
Required Experience, Skills and Talents
- Superb customer service skills
- Energetic and self-motivated; ability to work independently with minimal supervision for extended periods
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency to develop and execute troubleshooting action plans
- Ability to perform independently and in a team environment
- Skilled in prioritizing multiple time-critical customer cases while maintaining a pleasant and professional demeanor
- Demonstrated experience in writing work instructions
- Advanced level skills using Microsoft Office computer applications (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
Preferred Experience, Skills and Talents
- Experience with Salesforce
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.