Senior Electrical Engineer
This position is responsible for working as part of a tightly integrated development team, developing and testing of digital hardware and low-level embedded firmware design and integration. Additional responsibilities include layout activities, board bring up, verification/validation testing, high speed signal analysis and sustainment activities of current circuits and systems.
Come on board the Hardware Engineering team and work with a national leader in this groundbreaking field!
How will you make a difference?
- Schematic capture (Cadence OrCAD) and prototype bring up of embedded digital hardware designs including x86, ARM, and PowerPC based architectures and interfaces.
- Component selection and Bill of Material management from design to new product introduction and sustaining support.
- High-speed digital design, simulation and layout including PCI, PCIe, SATA, USB, HDMI, Display Port, Gigabit Ethernet, Memory (DDR3/DDR4) and Com Express modules.
- Review of PCB layout activities.
- Design, bring up, and test of embedded processors circuits including onboard memory DDR, NAND Flash, and other peripheral IO interfaces.
- Execute verification, validation and stress testing of electrical hardware consisting of telecom/satcom interfaces, LTE/4G-5G, aircraft interfaces, PC/embedded system components and proprietary microcomputers and devices.
- Design of system hardware to meet RTCA DO-160 and DO-254.
- Ability to identify and effectively troubleshoot combined hardware/software problems and implement appropriate corrections.
- Work effectively cross-functionally with manufacturing, software, certification and other teams.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Support the hardware/software design from early prototype development to release of product, including:
- Specification, requirements, & design reviews.
- Board and system level bring up, testing and debug.
- Qualification and certification testing (DO-160, DO-254).
- Support and develop test methodologies for in-house and contract manufacturing operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of rugged hardware, Mil Std, and/or avionics experience.
Required Experience, Talents and Skills
- High-speed digital design and simulation (Hyperlynx) expertise.
- SOC, ARM, x86, PowerPC and ComExpress design experience.
- Avionics industry, DO-160, or MIL-STD design experience.
- In-depth familiarity of PC architecture, interfaces and peripherals.
- Experience designing, testing and simulating PCIe, SATA, USB and Gigabit Ethernet interfaces.
- Experience designing Ethernet switches and routers.
- I2C, SPI and MDIO interfaces hardware/low level firmware design experience.
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows operating system environments.
Preferred Experience, Talents and Skills
- Experience with VHDL/Verilog design.
- Industry experience in wired telecommunications and VoIP/SIP.
- 4G LTE/5G experience.
- RF design and layout.
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.