Aircraft Field Service Representative
The primary function of the Field Service Representative (FSR) is to support Gogo’s airline customers with advanced technical expertise for installation and maintenance issues and problem-solving processes. The FSR working with Airline or Vendor personnel will ensure that all work performed is in accordance within agreed contractual terms and that aircraft are returned to service with fully functioning IFC at the earliest opportunity. The skill and knowledge level for this position must be technical competence with commercial aircraft systems, specifically electrical and avionics equipment troubleshooting and testing. The incumbent should expect to work on assignments that are complex in nature and require considerable judgment, initiative and technical / specialized knowledge to resolve problems and / or develop recommended solutions. The FSR will interface and work collectively with Gogo’s airline partners and/or Vendors to ensure good communication and closure of any day-to-day concerns. The need to present information to customers and internal stakeholders will be frequent and must be delivered professionally.
· Achieve and maintain specific customer satisfaction goals as defined by Gogo Senior Leadership.
· Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
· Complete assigned tasks as required to meet schedule.
· Work collectively with the customer airline’s maintenance, engineering and planning teams to ensure all issues are identified and resolved in a timely manner.
· Support all technical aspects of Gogo systems installed on the customer fleet, including but not limited to installation, preventative maintenance, fault isolation, troubleshooting, software loading, hardware replacement and fault rectification.
· Ensure that all the required installation, maintenance and preventative maintenance is performed in accordance with agreed contractual terms and procedures.
· Provide a comprehensive level of reporting of all technical issues and resolution actions internally and externally and escalate issues as appropriate
· Review all relevant documentation including but not limited to Installation Drawings, AMM amendments, TSM’s FIM’s and SB’s to ensure the information is accurate and appropriate.
· Provide on-site guidance of the IFC to airline or maintenance personnel.
· Ensure all tooling and equipment required to maintain the IFC is available and up to date.
· Assist with the development of improved installation, maintenance and preventative maintenance techniques of the IFC system.
· Provide technical and operational training to airline personnel or vendors as required.
· Monitor and record the LRU repair workshop findings to help identify trends relating to both returns with no fault found and units failing with a similar cause. Use this information to justify and propose additional training or service information bulletins to better inform engineers. The airline could also use this information for further follow-up and design improvements.
· 3 years’ experience in aircraft maintenance including electrical and avionics installations on commercial aircraft.
· Must have a strong understanding of airline operations and legislation
· In-depth knowledge of the relevant technologies is preferred
· Ability to interpret all technical manuals and schematics including engineering orders supporting the installation and repair of the IFC system.
· Strong customer service skills and familiar with cultural etiquette – international experience required.
· Computer skills including Microsoft Office preferred
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
· Ability to travel domestic and Internationally (extensive and frequently)
· Ability to travel for extended periods of time with short notice
· Ability to work holidays, weekends and all shifts based on airline schedules and available aircraft ground times
· FAA A&P (or other regulatory body) certification required
· Fluent spoken and written English Language
· Associated degree in related discipline preferred.
· Ability to pass all background checks for the purpose of on airport support badging
· Must be able to pass a continuous alcohol/drug program
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.