As Program Manager at Gogo, you will be responsible for the full program lifecycle of major technology Aerospace programs from initial inception through rollout and launch. The Program Manager will not only manage the program life cycle but also become a technical expert at the systems level within Gogo; gain exposure to various levels of the company while partnering with internal organizations to bring Gogo’s technology roadmap to market.
The Program Manager will manage all aspects of program delivery of large scale technical capabilities that includes project plans, resources, and budget. This position will interface directly with all technology teams, vendors and internal Airline Partners and requires someone with track record of managing large, complex technical programs from concept through delivery in a rapidly changing fast paced environment.
The ability to work with cross functional teams in a matrixed environment is key. Also, crucial is ability to identify and mitigate potential risks, ensure timely delivery, and meet strategic objectives.
· Manage overall program plan - ensuring tracking to strategic deliverables.
· Supporting relationship with engineering teams, their vendors, product team, internal Airline representatives, external airline representatives, finance, legal, supply chain and operations to manage interdependencies
· Frame issues, leverage strategic priorities and drive project team towards the best path forward.
· Hold regular cross-functional program review meetings to review and update projects logistics, schedule, and objectives. Assure early problem identification and implementation of corrective action.
· Participate in negotiation of vendor contracts/changes, statements of work, request for proposals and proposal evaluation.
· Interpret, translate, and flow down program requirements into the Program Plan. Identify & manage risk and opportunities to meet program objectives. Monitor compliance with program master plans and schedules, including milestones and performance.
· Ensure all program plans are up-to-date and complete with respect to schedule, cost estimations, and status;
· Lead negotiations with program core team and stakeholders on significant future improvements or changes., research lessons-learned, and best practices;
· Review program proposals and plans to determine technical practicality, funding limitation, business implications, procedures for accomplishing programs, resources requirements and technical coordination meeting, providing technical input as required.
· Provide timely reports to ensure an understanding of the program performance. Prepare interim and completion program reports.
· Take a proactive stance by developing contingency plans for potential risks
· Ensure pertinent written records are maintained that document all agreements for the programs.
· Bachelor’s degree
· 10-15 year of experience in managing Aerospace / Airline programs
· Knowledge of FAA certification process and experience with deployment of LRUs in a commercial aviation environment a must (retrofit or OEM)
· Knowledge of FAA certification process and experience with development of LRU software in a commercial aviation environment.
· Understanding of basic networking concepts with ability to support plan development and network deployment.
· Extensive practical knowledge of program management theory, concepts, theory of constraints, critical path methodology program risk management, program scope management, program management lifecycle
· Ability to manage multiple priorities
· Practical problem solving and strategic thinking skills, critical thinker, and self-starter
· Superior communications skills with all levels of employees and both internal and external customers-including presentations, negotiations, and written reports
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining view on the strategic direction and being as detailed as needed. Willing and able to get down in the details “to make things happen”
· Demonstrated ability to work successfully with demanding schedule constraints and technically challenging programs
Preferred Education and Experience
· Knowledge of OEM supplier requirements for becoming and maintaining an approved vendor a plus.
· Wireless Telecommunication experience is a plus.
· Knowledge of FAA equivalent global certification processes ideal (eg DGAC, EASA, ANAC)
· Experience in both start-ups and consolidated companies is preferred
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.