Senior Front End Developer
As a Gogo Business Aviation Senior Front End Developer, you will contribute to a development team to elevate the digital experience for the inflight entertainment system.
COME ON BOARD THE ENGINEERING TEAM!
How will you make a difference?
- Collaborate with content developers and product owners to gather business, technical and functional requirements
- Work with QA to ensure that your code is bug free and works as intended
- Serve as a SME (subject matter expert) for all front end user experience and represent the team in front end discussion across the company
- Assist with supporting legacy web properties (Backbone/Marionette) as we complete our transition to React/Redux
- Solve difficult front end engineering challenges and troubleshoot defects
- Implement graceful, accessible, semantically correct, responsive front end that function properly across all major browsers and devices
- Guide implementation of best practices for application design/development
- Strong XP/SCRUM/Agile work ethic – Ability to contribute productively to a fast-paced development team, delivering demonstrable code in two-week increments
- Ability to comprehensively unit tests your code
- Contribute to a healthy and collaborative development team with a “Get it Done” work ethic
- Proven ability to negotiate timeline and architecture across functional teams
- Mentor junior team members
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of experience as a Front End Developer
- 2+ years experience with React/Redux
Required Skills, Experience and Talents
- Modern ECMAScript experience
- Understanding of microservices general patterns and practices
- Unit testing experience with tools like Junit, Mockito, Spock, Jest, Karma, Jasmine
- Familiarity with build tools like Maven, Gradle, Babel and Webpack
- Experience using SCM tools such as Git.
- Understanding of the Git workflow
Desirable Skills, Experience and Talents
- Knowledge of Docker containers and container orchestration
- Comfortable using Intellij based Java development IDE to perform daily development tasks
- Experience and/or interest in aviation and/or Telecommunications
- Experience with Java, Spring Boot, and Jersey
- Experience with scripting in a Linux environment (Bash, Python)
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.