Senior Airborne Hardware RF Engineer
As an Airborne Hardware RF Engineer you will specify requirements, provide engineering oversight and hands on support in design, prototype, integration and test phases of RF development efforts in current and future aircraft connectivity programs.
*Work with vendors to verify designs meet all applicable requirements, provide feedback on prototype development, and confirm performance during product integration and validation testing.
*Understand impact of RF hardware system performance on the overall system; provide feedback related to impact of RF performance on the overall system to Gogo departments
*Interface closely with network and filed performance teams to ensure that all system level performance requirements are met.
*Support RF lab verification of vendor hardware.
*5% travel both domestic and international expected.
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
* 5+ years of related engineering experience, 10 preferred.
* Strong RF experience including advanced RF components performance verification
* Advanced experience with RF lab equipment including Spectrum Analyzers, Network Analyzers and Signal Generators
* Demonstrated ability to work well autonomously.
* Demonstrated ability to work well in multidisciplinary teams.
* Strong communication skills that include technical documentation, written reports and proposals, development and delivery of presentations, and the ability to listen to and communicate effectively with customers and vendors.
* Previous avionics or aircraft IFE/connectivity system experience preferred.
* Previous experience related to wireless connectivity solutions preferred.
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.