Technical Writer - Aircraft Engineering
Organize, write, edit and publish maintenance documentation (Service Bulletins (hardware/software, AMMs, and FIM/TSMs) in accordance with ATA standards and standard maintenance practices for on-aircraft (Part 145) maintenance. Provide mentoring to other team members in writing, editing activities and/or illustrations.
· Write and/or revise, Service Bulletins (hardware/software), AMMs or FIMs as required to support Gogo’s product line using FrameMaker, Corel Draw and Adobe Illustrator. This includes:
· Coordination of work activity, status and schedule.
· Analyzing available source data
· Ensure the technical accuracy, adequacy, and quality of technical publications by applying quality control processes and checks during product development; coordinating review of publication products with customers and other organizations; and classifying and tracking discrepancies noted through the review process.
· Determine and implement the appropriate content for AMMs and FIM/TSMs
· Mentor existing staff to create industry leading manuals and Service Bulletins Skills
· Position requires extensive and demonstrated knowledge of commercial aviation maintenance documentation (to support FAR part 121 maintenance activities).
· Proven Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering drawings, charts, wiring diagrams, schematics, and assembly/test procedures.
· Proven ability to work unsupervised in a highly dynamic environment
· Advanced experience with FrameMaker.
· Experience with illustrating programs such as Corel Draw and Adobe Illustrator.
· Ability to provide technical direction to assigned project team(s) and perform as a technical expert on AMMs/Service Bulletins and a source of information.
· Proven experience with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within commercial aviation maintenance in support of FAR part 121 repair
· Use professional concepts and apply company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
· Use expertise, experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
· Proven time management and organizational skills with an ability to set priorities.
· Proven communication and interpersonal skills.Education/Experience
· 5-7 years’ of technical writing experience within aviation, aerospace or related experience
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.