Senior Engineer, Software Development
Gogo continues to expand its footprint in the in-flight wireless connectivity and entertainment space. We are well on our path to over 3,000 commercial planes and over 10,000 business jets. As we grow in scale, the types of services and applications we can develop continue to expand so we are seeking additional talent to join our ever-growing team.
This position is for a Senior Engineer with the Software development team. We are engineering a solution aimed at providing a means to manage and deploy the configuration specifics of aircraft based on airline, aircraft, deployed technology, fleet and installation requirements. This solution uses a combination of configuration management and cloud-based deployment using AWS. This solution also requires an understanding of network / telecom protocols.
The candidate plays a significant role as a working member of an engineering team delivering quality technical solutions carrying through from design to deployment. This role requires a certain amount of leadership / mentoring skills, and a solid understanding of the design and development process, using CI / CD technologies. The ideal candidate is adept at delivering complex products and solutions across technologies products and tools, improving cross team collaboration and able to plan both at a high level and at a detailed level, delivering business value.
- Design and develop groundbreaking and distributed solutions with high availability and impact.
- Works with the technical lead / scrum masters to understand user requirements, converting them into product functionality.
- Lead and mentor junior developers and drive them into technical discussions.
- Perform code reviews and associated engineering quality checks clearly and consistently.
- Actively assess current software development practices and principles to identify and implement process improvements
Preferred Education and Experience
Key Skills: CI/CD, AWS Deployments, GoLang / Java / C++, Web services / API, Microservices, Agile / DevOPS. Network / telecom protocols.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- 7+ years of experience in systems implementations with a focus on both custom web application development & commercial software systems implementations; knowledge and experience in multiple technical disciplines required (development, QA, devops, etc)
- 2 – 5 years of experience in mentoring junior members of the team
- Flexibility in working with technologies and platforms.
- Continuously look for new technologies and approaches for the team - help us keep ahead.
- A commitment to excellence, best practices, and the continuous improvement of our products, code base, processes, and tools.
- 4+ years of in-depth development experience with Java / C++ / C / Go.
- Experience in CI/CD and AWS deployments (EC2, SQS, SNS, Lambda, S3, Aurora, DynamoDB)
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycles; expert knowledge in Agile and Lean methods. Proponent of DevOps, TDD, Agile/XP practices, and CI/CD pipelines
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize work, coordinate with onsite stakeholders and well organized.