Technical Customer Service Representative - Tier 2, SWING Shift
The Gogo Business Aviation Technical Customer Service Representative - Tier 2, SWING shift is responsible for providing efficient and high-quality technical support services to Gogo Business Aviation dealers, OEMs and customers to resolve technical issues relating to Gogo Business Aviation products and services. This position is for a 12PM to 9PM shift Monday through Friday.
Are you passionate about the aviation industry? Are you excited to troubleshoot complex technical issues? Do you love helping customers?
Come on board the Gogo Business Aviation Customer Operations team!
How will you make a difference?
- Answer complex technical questions for OEMs, dealers and customers in support of all Gogo Business Aviation products and services.
- Provide escalated support to end-users of Gogo Business Aviation systems on issues relating to proper use/operation, functionality of services and network performance or coverage.
- Troubleshoot technical issues to achieve resolution in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide support on aircraft certification issues.
- Review and approve warranty claims.
- Provide customers with data and assistance on repair quotations.
- Resolve dealer issues with interfaces and installation; acts as a liaison between dealers and customers.
- Handle customer inquiries in a professional manner.
- Assist in the review or preparation of technical documentation such as user’s manuals, installation manuals and other technical support materials.
- Support the company’s Quality Management System by following defined processes and procedures, provide input and assistance on Continual Improvement process updates, and where appropriate work on resolutions to Corrective Actions.
- Maintain Customer-Aircraft-System information and relationships in Navision ERP database.
- Provide support to the Technical Support Manager on other tasks or projects, as needed.
- Travel will be less than 10%
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of technical training and work experience in the field of electrical engineering, avionics, or product support of complex electronic equipment.
- 2+ years of aircraft installation and troubleshooting experience
- 5 years of product support experience in a high-tech environment (telecommunications, internet services, and/or aviation).
- This is a safety sensitive role subject to random drug testing.
- Availability must be from 12PM to 9PM shift Monday through Friday. Flexible shift bids are open to the team every 6 months.
Required experience, skills and talents
- Exceptional aircraft installation and troubleshooting experience is a must.
- Familiarity with computer networking and internet protocol (IP) is required.
- Knack for writing technical support materials
- Advanced level skills using Microsoft Office computer applications
- Demonstrated product support experience in a high-tech environment.
- Professional manner and excellent communication skills essential.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and make decisions.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills are required.
- Talent for handling multiple inquiries and priorities while maintaining a pleasant demeanor with the customer.
- Perform all requirements for extended periods while unsupervised.
- Must be an excellent team-player and have empathy!
Preferred experience, skills and talents
- Experience in telecommunications industry.
- Experience with Salesforce.
- Experience with computer networking and Internet protocol.
- Product support experience dealing with Inmarsat or Satcom equipment and services.
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.