Vice President, Quality Assurance
Gogo is currently seeking a Vice President, Quality Management Office, who will be responsible for development and maintenance of the Quality Management System (QMS), end to end Quality Assurance and Quality Control, and Continuous Improvement strategies and execution plans. The focus of this function will be primarily on product system performance cycle throughout the life cycle.
The Vice President, Quality & Reliability will be a key leader in Gogo’s Commercial Aviation division. This role will report to the EVP & President of Commercial Aviation and is an exciting and high impact / high visibility leadership opportunity. The role will manage a team of high-performing quality managers and quality engineers.
The VP, Quality & Reliability is responsible for the development and maintenance of the Quality Management System (QMS), end to end Quality Assurance, and continuous improvement strategies and execution plans. The focus of this function will be primarily on technology and product development cycle through customer launch and production. The Quality organization has critical interfaces to other functions including: Operations, PMO, Engineering, IT, and others.
The successful candidate is a senior quality management or quality assurance professional with exemplary leadership and hands-on technical skills and a proven track record in delivering business results in fast-paced high technology environments.
Quality Assurance / Quality Control
- Responsible for all QA activities and deliverables across multiple project teams, assuring a high degree of thoroughness and quality covering all Gogo connectivity and in-flight entertainment technologies.
- Ability to manage complex projects, develop test strategies, and provide leadership to a global QA organization.
- Champion and lead the development of criteria and activities for quality performance assessment and product maturity across program gates for proactive risk assessment and risk mitigation. Stipulate methods, techniques and evaluation criteria to ensure operational readiness associated with quality outcomes.
- Work to define industry accepted product and system quality and reliability targets,
- Integrate and ensure delivery of cross departmental quality requirements into Gogo’s new product development process from concept, design, implementation and testing through sustaining.
- Work in collaboration with other department managers, direct reports and Finance teams to define projects that eliminate the cost of poor product quality (both internal and external failures) through an integrated and disciplined approach aligned with the Gogo Comercial Aviation strategy.
- Work with suppliers to create consistently high-quality products, setting goals, verifying their capabilities, and managing performance during production.
- Focal point for communication to our airline partners with respect to quality performance and on-going improvement activities.
Process Optimization & Continuous Improvements
- Lead process architecture and optimization projects targeting high impact opportunities – leverage Lean methodologies for continuous improvement and sustainable results (on time, on quality, on budget).
- Lead retrospectives and data analysis to identify improvement opportunities
- Adopt the rigor of six sigma approach in problem solving and identifying systemic opportunities impacting performance results.
- Leverage change management skills driving cross functional improvements – close interface and partnership with Product, Engineering, PMO, Operations teams and leadership.
Quality Management System
- Develop, implement, and maintain development engineering processes, quality policies and criteria, metrics and infrastructure into a cohesive quality management system.
- Continually assess outcomes and performance results to improve and strengthen quality management system.
- Ensure compliance with AS9100/ISO9000 set of quality standards.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in SDLC/STLC high technology/ engineering environments, and at least 5 years of leadership position in quality management / quality assurance - strong B2B and B2C experience highly desirable
- Prior experience in process improvement and driving cross functional improvement efforts required.
- Has successfully operated in an environment which includes software, hardware and services
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry
- Telecom, Aviation / Airline industry experience is a plus
- Highly skilled in strategic / big picture thinking and ability to develop detailed execution plans
- Hands on analytical skills, ability to work with and analyze data; Has been an effective “trouble shooter,” capable of absorbing a highly complex portfolio of products and services.
- Skilled in developing quality systems, processes, and leading/implementing change. Has a passion for driving improvements.
- Leadership acumen with the ability to recognize and be the catalyst that cultivates innovative thinking in and across teams
- Direct experience in effectively integrating Quality Management System principles into business management processes for new product development and /or supplier quality engineering is preferred
- Demonstrated experience implementing and maintaining certified ISO 9001 and / or AS9100 Quality Management System
Education and Training:
- Master’s degree in engineering, or Bachelors’ degree in engineering and M.B.A. are ideal
- Certifications in Six Sigma, Lean or other quality improvement methodologies
- American Society of Quality (ASQ) Certified Quality Engineer certification preferred
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.