Senior Software Engineer
• Top level requirement decomposition and documentation supporting development new feature specifications
• Rapid prototyping activity which includes design/coding/testing to confirm the design/architecture
• Be the main developer on one or more of the many exciting projects such as Gogo Single Sign On platform, Gogo Airline Portal Hosting Infrastructure, etc. while working with System engineering and Leads throughout the company on the project.
• Write simple, clean & complete code employing to best coding practices and standards
• Troubleshooting issues from both networking and software perspectives
• Linux, Java, Python development experience necessary
• Responsible for understanding software behavior, and navigate source code to debug in-development & production issues, and suggest effective fixes or product improvements to the development teams keeping timelines in mind
• Troubleshoot lab and field issues, and track that those fixes are provided
• Apply engineering knowledge, physical principles, mathematics, computer utilities, and technology in order to analyze system and component performances and failure modes
• Lead the technical team and mentor junior software developers
- Job Description
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering or related technology – advanced degree preferred
- Experience in the software development industry
- Strong software development & testing (unit / functional / integration / load) skills
- Expert at designing and implementing RESTful Webservices
- Demonstrated use-case analysis, requirements analysis, design, production, integration, test and transition into operations.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, self-motivated and ability to work well in cross-functional teams
- Strong communication skills including technical documentation, written reports and proposals, development and delivery of presentations and the ability to listen to and communicate effectively with internal as well as external teams
- Demonstrated ability to work well autonomously
- Comfortable working in Agile Environment
- Minimum 8 years proven software development experience in C, C++, Java and scripting languages
- Java 8 backend skills and experience
- Strong working experience with one or more programming languages such as C/C++, JAVA, Node.js, Go, Python
- Experience developing in Linux environment
- Experience working on virtualization and containers
- Experience working on messaging platform in a microservices architecture
- Ability to review software code with critical precision, and provide constructive improvement feedback
- Understanding of IPv4 Routing, TCP, UDP and Application functionality and behavior.
- Knowledge on Linux/Unix with experience in using iptables, QoS principles
- Knowledge of multi-threaded programming
- Working experience on websockets, microservices, JAX-RS, Spring Boot, DropWizard
- Experience in developing utilities independently and rapidly
- Understanding of WiFi (802.11a/b/g/n
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning.
We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.