Test Automation Engineer
If you want to be part of a team that develops test automation from the ground up, then come on-board the Gogo Business Aviation Software Test team!
How will you make a difference?
- Automation QA Position scripting and executing test cases
- Testing applications that run on embedded systems
- Testing application on multiple platforms including tablets, phones and laptops
- Testing business system applications which support internal and external customers
- Troubleshoot defects and code resolutions
- Contribute to highly innovate teams that work with a “Get it Done” work ethic
- Participate in SCRUM ceremonies as well as use “Agile” techniques to manage and complete user features
- Ability to contribute productively to a fast-paced development team, delivering tested code in 2 week increments
- Hunger for learning!
- Bachelor in CS or equivalent work experience
- The position requires 1-2 years of experience with software quality testing
- 1+ years of developing in a scripting language
- This role is ideal for a highly motivated recent graduate with internship experience.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience with the entire Software Development Lifecycle
- Ability to work in fast paced, highly dynamic agile environment
- Understanding of basic algorithms, data structure, control statements, time complexity, and design patterns
- Basic computer network knowledge
- Proficiency in Groovy or Python and the use of control statements
- Experience running manual tests for existing scenarios
- Experience writing test cases and/or scenarios from requirements
- Operational understanding of Android and iOS smartphones
- Basic Working knowledge of common web service protocols, such as REST and JSON
- Operational knowledge of Linux
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Basic understand of HTML structure
- Experience running pre-existing automated tests for existing scenarios
- Experience and/or interest in the aviation and/or Telecommunications industries
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning.
We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.