Production Test Engineer
Gogo Commercial Aviation is looking for a Test Engineer to support our Production Operations team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast growing company that brings Wifi to Commercial Airlines. The ideal candidate will come from a progressive complex communications electronics environment with emphasis in wireless communication and have a thorough understanding of current test strategies and approaches. In addition, the candidate should have the ability to develop and articulate a clear vision for effective and cost efficient production testing in outsourced manufacturing and be able to drive the implementation into the product development, design process and production.
How will you make a difference?
· The Test Engineer will have a key role within the Test Engineering team.
· In partnership with the Software and Design test functions formulate and execute the overall production test activities, manage specific test platforms for specific products or product lines. Manage the build, deployment and use of test equipment.
· Support all aspects of product testing within the manufacturing environment.
· Partner with New Product Introduction Program Management, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality and Reliability teams to monitor, measure and work to continuously improve production yields. Develop and optimize the debugging approach incorporating a closed loop corrective action process for root cause identification and correction. Identify test process cost savings opportunities and work with other Supply Chain teams to identify and realize regular efficiency improvements and cost reductions.
· Develop concepts and plans for facilities, tools, fixtures, gauges, and test equipment. Specify and conduct measurement system analysis including gage capability assessments and calibrations.
· Builds relational databases and associated reports and queries to provide information needed to monitor, control and improve product design and manufacture
· In partnership with suppliers and internal engineers, develop testing technologies and systems to support component and technology developments, including definitions, designs, implementations, and verifications.
· Lead projects to improve existing test systems and solve any issues that prevent delivery of professional testing capabilities.
· Required to support sustained production and product development activities.
- BS in Engineering required. BSEE or Aerospace, preferred, BSEET, computer science/engineering or equivalent will be considered.
- Ability to travel
Required Experience, Skills and Talents
- Experience in test engineering or related areas in complex electronics manufacturing environment including prior experience with Contract Manufacturing.
- Knowledge of JTAG, Boundary Scan, BIST, POST is desired
- Hands on experience with ATE design and set-up, strong technical documentation skills, solid project management skills, experience with RF, Digital, Analog, CPLD, microwave, digital video devices
- The need for hands on experience with CPLD or digital video
· Hands on experience with ATE design and set-up, strong technical documentation skills, solid project management skills, experience with RF, Digital, Analog, microwave, Ethernet networks
- Strong knowledge of test executives like Test Stand and LabView.
- General skills include proficiency with Analog, Digital, Mixed Signal theory at a discrete level in support of circuit card design. Generation of board-level design documentation and test plans.
- Should have solid understanding of software design/debug and analog/digital/mixed signal circuit analysis.
- Experience using databases like SQL
- Experience with LXI, PXI, VXI, GPIB based instrumentation running in Windows and Linux
- Experience with a variety of programmable instruments: test equipment like oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzer, power dividers, signal generators, logic analyzers, etc.
- Experience with National Instruments hardware a plus
- Familiarity with Agile system, and ability to document test procedures, test software, and test hardware configuration.
- Knowledge of cellular and satellite communication methods
- Significant RF experience with WLAN, EVDO, LTE, and Ku-Band wireless communications strongly preferred.
- Experience working in an FAA CRS (Part 145) and Manufacturing Facility (Part 21) strongly preferred
Preferred Experience, Skills and Talents
- Experience programming and interfacing ATE's in VB, C, C++, Lab view, VB, .NET, shell scripts, Perl, Python programming language skills for measurement, data acquisition and instrumentation control helpful
- Knowledge of application of test methods (ICT, AOI, and RF communications) desirable.
- Knowledge and application of test fundamentals and methods (SPC, KC’s, requirements, test coverage, and RF) desirable.
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.