Sr Engineer, Software Development
The candidate plays a significant role as a working member of an engineering team delivering quality technical solutions carrying through from design to deployment. This role requires a certain amount of leadership / mentoring skills, and a solid understanding of the design and development process, using CI / CD technologies. The ideal candidate is adept at delivering complex products and solutions across technologies products and tools, improving cross team collaboration and able to plan both at a high level and at a detailed level, delivering business value.
- Design and develop groundbreaking and distributed solutions with high availability and impact.
- Works with the technical lead / scrum masters to understand user requirements, converting them into product functionality.
- Lead and mentor junior developers and drive them into technical discussions.
- Perform code reviews and associated engineering quality checks clearly and consistently.
- Actively assess current software development practices and principles to identify and implement process improvements
Preferred Education and Experience
Key Skills: CI/CD, AWS Deployments, GoLang / Java / C++, Web services / API, Microservices, Agile / DevOPS. Network / telecom protocols.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- 7+ years of experience in systems implementations with a focus on both custom web application development & commercial software systems implementations; knowledge and experience in multiple technical disciplines required (development, QA, devops, etc)
- 2 – 5 years of experience in mentoring junior members of the team
- Flexibility in working with technologies and platforms.
- Continuously look for new technologies and approaches for the team - help us keep ahead.
- A commitment to excellence, best practices, and the continuous improvement of our products, code base, processes, and tools.
- 4+ years of in-depth development experience with Java / C++ / C / Go.
- Experience in CI/CD and AWS deployments (EC2, SQS, SNS, Lambda, S3, Aurora, DynamoDB)
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycles; expert knowledge in Agile and Lean methods. Proponent of DevOps, TDD, Agile/XP practices, and CI/CD pipelines
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize work, coordinate with onsite stakeholders and well organized.