Sr. Aircraft Engineering Technical Writer
Organize, write, edit and publish maintenance documentation (Service Bulletins (hardware/software, AMMs, and FIM/TSMs) in accordance with ATA standards and standard maintenance practices for on-aircraft (Part 145) maintenance. Provide mentoring to other team members in writing, editing activities and/or illustrations.
- Write and/or revise, Service Bulletins (hardware/software), AMMs or FIMs as required to support Gogo’s product line using FrameMaker, Corel Draw and Adobe Illustrator. This includes:
- Coordination of work activity, status and schedule.
- Analyzing available source data
- Ensure the technical accuracy, adequacy, and quality of technical publications by applying quality control processes and checks during product development; coordinating review of publication products with customers and other organizations; and classifying and tracking discrepancies noted through the review process.
- Determine and implement the appropriate content for AMMs and FIM/TSMs
- Mentor existing staff to create industry leading manuals and Service Bulletins Skills
- Position requires extensive and demonstrated knowledge of commercial aviation maintenance documentation (to support FAR part 121 maintenance activities).
- Proven Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering drawings, charts, wiring diagrams, schematics, and assembly/test procedures.
- Proven ability to work unsupervised in a highly dynamic environment
- Advanced experience with FrameMaker.
- Experience with illustrating programs such as Corel Draw and Adobe Illustrator.
- Ability to provide technical direction to assigned project team(s) and perform as a technical expert on AMMs/Service Bulletins and a source of information.
- Proven experience with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within commercial aviation maintenance in support of FAR part 121 repair
- Use professional concepts and apply company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Use expertise, experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Proven time management and organizational skills with an ability to set priorities.
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills.Education/Experience
- 10-15 years’ of technical writing experience within aviation, aerospace or related experience
We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.