Director of Network and Systems Engineering and Operations
- Collaborate with director peers and business partners to determine technology needs and priorities necessary to achieve business objectives.
- Manage Gogo’s technology portfolio including networking, systems and communications.
- Remain current on industry best practices, make recommendations on improvements and upgrades.
- Advocate for Engineering’s solutions and technologies throughout the organization.
- Manage the development, maintenance, and forecasting of expense and capital budget in area of responsibility
- Create and manage hardware lifecycle.
- Responsible for disaster recovery plans and testing.
- Direct the day-to-day activities of the function; including prioritization and troubleshooting
- Responsible for the availability of Gogo’s data centers, earth stations and labs.
- Create and maintain an on-call rotation, partner with other operation teams for escalation processes.
- Provide tier 2 & 3 support for all network and systems issues and inquiries.
- Execute on engineering directives and change management.
- Participate in change management approval and processes.
- Manage a team of network and system engineers with diverse technical aptitudes. Provide mentoring, performance coaching and staff development opportunities to increase staff effectiveness and retention.
- 10-12 years’ experience working in highly collaborative complex networks.
- Demonstrated leadership experience with a proven track record of success and advancement.
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership of infrastructure change and transformation programs
- Ability to communicate highly complex technical information to an executive audience.
Technical focus areas:
- Familiar with different flavors of telecommunication offerings (DWDM/VPLS/MPLS/L2VPN, etc.).
- Experience with cloud services and connecting to cloud providers (AWS/Azure).
- Experience with Cisco networking and data center technologies a must (OTV/VXLAN/IOS/IOS-XE/IOS-XR/NX-OS, etc.)
- Experience with route/switch (STP/OSPF/BGP/Redistribution, etc.).
- Hands on experience working in a network or systems engineering role a plus.
- Experience working in data center environments.
- Experience with IDS/IPS, next generation firewalls and security compliance (PCI/SOX).
- Experience working with VoIP PBX systems and SIP trunks.
- Knowledge with hypervisors and orchestration (VMWare/KVM/OpenStack).
- Experience working with cloud based infrastructure and tools (Containers, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.).
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning.
We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.