Product Marketing Manager
Gogo is looking for a passionate, savvy Product Marketing Manager (PMM) that will help propel and advance our growing business. The Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for the creation and ownership of core product messaging, sales tools and enablement, and product launches – all in support of developing a killer GTM plan and its related execution.
In this role you will use your experience to identify key market trends, buying behaviors, and opportunities that can be addressed by Gogo’s solutions and define go-to-market strategies, messaging, positioning, and tactics that can be executed upon by a cross-functional team including sales, demand generation, customer operations and product management. In addition, you will use your innovative and creative skills to craft compelling content to drive awareness and lead flow to create pipeline and revenue.
You will own the go-to-market strategy development, define and execute the marketing strategy for the product portfolio, create marketing and technical content with a clear value proposition, train our customer facing teams and support marketing campaigns to drive adoption and profitable growth in partnership with product management. You will be supporting the market opportunity and targeting at the beginning stages of ideation through the development and execution of the marketing strategy.
You will also support the creation of sales and channel enablement materials to ensure their on-going ability to sell and support these products, as well as be able to up-sell and cross-sell related offerings.
To be successful in this role, you must possess strong marketing and communications skills. Moving and thinking rapidly with an attention to detail and a sharp eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial.
COME ON BOARD THE MARKETING TEAM!
How you’ll make a difference?
- Identify customer needs, key personas, market trends, competitive landscape and build differentiated positioning and messaging for Gogo’s business aviation products
- Work closely with product management and technical teams to understand and translate technical and product features to benefits focused messaging
- Develop compelling product feature narratives with clear, consistent and compelling messaging through a strong customer focus
- Translate that messaging into creative and high-impact customer-facing materials such as solution sheets, infographics, customer emails, trainings, knowledge articles, blog posts and case studies to clearly communicate success stories and best practices in coordination with the content marketing team
- Partner with demand gen team to develop effective lead generation and qualification programs
- Maintain the product material library to ensure assets are reflecting updated messaging, pricing, etc.
- Gather and analyze competitive data, create and maintain sales-facing competitive battlecards for key competitors, and infuse content and messaging with competitive differentiation in coordination with market intelligence team.
- Conduct market research to understand industry trends and identify opportunities.
- Plan and execute new product launch activities using effective tools and techniques to maximize market penetration and sales impact
- Accountable to manage a cross-functional team across marketing and product management to ensure a service campaign has everything required from knowledge transfer, analysis, marketing plan, content creation management, execution, and measurement
- Set clear, measurable product marketing goals, track and take accountability for business results and conduct cross-functional post-mortems to create a cycle of continuous improvement.
- Analysis of marketing opportunity, ability to identify marketing targets and sub-targets, competitive analysis, and identifying new potential solutions or offers
- Manage multiple programs and juggle various stages of the launch plan
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism, communications, business or technology field
- 6+ years of B2B experience in any combination of product marketing, product, marketing or business strategy experience, with a portfolio that proves success
Required Skills, Experience and Talents
- Demonstrated ability to understand and effectively communicate complex solutions by translating technical concepts into benefits-based messaging
- Experience working cross-functionally with diverse teams including: sales, marketing, product management and engineering
- Demonstrated partnership with product management on bringing a service to market (either new or existing)
- Outstanding copywriting, copy editing and content creation skills. Detail oriented with a good eye for graphics.
- Ability to distill complex information into simple and meaningful insights and messaging
- Proven ability to analyze the marketing and dive in research with high-degree of intellectual curiosity
- Curious, confident, collaborative and proactive
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple time-sensitive, cross-functional projects simultaneously to deliver on time
- Communication and writing skills; be able to deliver marketing copy and content, at a fast pace
- Demonstrated bias for action and driving results
Preferred Skills, Experience and Talents
- Experience with Sirius Decisions and/or Pragmatic Marketing models preferred
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.