Developer, Java - Billing Systems
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Produce consistent, high quality code by following industry best practices and company standards
- Leverage automation across testing, integration, and deployment activities
- Ensure unit tests are well written to provide maximum code coverage.
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Participate in Code Reviews and providing constructive feedback
- Carry out root cause analysis on defects, ensure fixes are happening in the right way
- Mentor, educate and support team members with code, best practices
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Can identify and address performance bottlenecks in a production environment
- Participate in POC and Research and Development Efforts for leading edge technologies in area
Required Education and Experience
- Computer Science, Computing or related Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ year of experience of writing code using Java as primary programming language
- Excellent knowledge of object oriented design
- 3+ years demonstrable knowledge working with traditional RDBMS solutions e.g. MySQL, Oracle, Postgre
- 2+ experience in developing and deploying applications in any public cloud like AWS, Azure or GCP
- 1+ experience writing micro services using SpringBoot framework
- 1+ years hands on experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- 1+ experience writing ETL jobs using Apache spark, Hadoop etc
- 1+ years demonstrative knowledge working with NoSQL Solutions such as DynamoDB, MongoDB etc
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently in individual contributor role
Nice to have
- Hands on experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience writing ETL jobs using Apache spark, Hadoop etc
- AWS Solutions Architecture or Developer Certification
- Good knowledge of message queuing, stream processing.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and tools like Jenkins, spinnaker etc
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.