Program Manager/ Agile SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE)
As the Program Manager/Release Train Engineer (RTE) at Gogo, you will facilitate the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Agile Release Train (ART) processes and program execution, escalate impediments, manage risk, and help drive program-level continuous improvement. You are responsible for facilitating program level work within the SAFe framework and coordinating with all teams across the organization.
- Lead and facilitate software teams on the ART through development and delivery, guide the transition to and implementation of SAFe.
- Plan and facilitate all aspects of Program Increment planning on a quarterly basis.
- Facilitate the Scrum of Scrum meetings, and acts as SAFE facilitator/coach at the Program level.
- Provide guidance in Agile, Scrum, and SAFe and leads Agile delivery teams to deliver value consistently.
- Support ART teams with ART Launch and Agile transformations.
- Serve as an expert on Agile software principles to other team members.
- Engage directly with stakeholders to define mission value and prioritize work and build intellectual capital in Agile techniques.
- Collaborate with the communities of practice, develop and conduct Agile-oriented training, and identify and deploy key metrics to enable continuous improvement.
- Support scrum ceremonies for the team where needed (Planning, Retrospective, Grooming & Review/Demo)
- Facilitate impediment resolution in a timely, cost effective manner. Act as a conduit to other teams and lines of business stakeholders
- Track and produce key metrics (e.g., burn-down, burn-up charts, and cumulative flow diagram)
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- 2+ years experience working in scaled Agile environment as RTE or Product Manager with a minimum of 5 teams.
- 4+ years experience leading Agile teams as Scrum Master or Product Owner.
- Experience with launching Agile Release Trains.
- Exposure to the following technologies as Scrum master, product owner or RTE:
- Web Services, Web APIs, and microservices
- SQL and NoSQL based solutions
- Cloud deployments, containers, and continuous integration
- SOAP and RESTful services.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Practical problem solving and strategic thinking skills, critical thinker, and self-starter
- Superior communications skills with all levels of employees and both internal and external customers-including presentations, negotiations, and written reports
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining view on the strategic direction and being as detailed as needed. Willing and able to get down in the details “to make things happen”
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with demanding schedule constraints and technically challenging programs
Preferred Education and Experience
- Scaled Agile certification (SPC)
- Experience in both start-ups and consolidated companies is preferred.
- Wireless Telecommunication experience, Satellite, and/or cellular a plus.
- Knowledge of Avionics systems a plus.