Sr. Game Designer
At GluPlay, we believe you can have fun anywhere, anytime and at any age. That’s why we’re committed to creating mobile games for everyone to enjoy, including the fan-favorite DASH® games like Diner Dash®, Cooking Dash® and Restaurant Dash™. Whether you’re in line at the store, on your lunch break or lounging at home, you only need a minute to dive into a one of our games—yet you’ll find a lifetime of entertainment. Our games are played by tens of millions of fans worldwide, and we’re just getting started.
You’ll find that as a team, we’re extremely close knit and are highly proud of our hard at work, hard at play culture with a heavy emphasis on making sure you have plenty of work life balance and family time.
You are an experienced game designer who has a broad background in game design. You have shipped free-to-play social game titles on mobile platforms or the web. Passionate about social games, you strive to come up with the new gameplay experiences that will take social gaming on mobile devices to the next level. You have strong experience in making content, quests, or levels for mobile games.
Using your keen sense of compelling aesthetics and addicting game mechanics, you will create content that feeds a metrics-driven game design, ensuring strong engagement, retention, virality, and monetization. You will be working on one of the next casual, fun DASH games. You are passionate about designing for titles in all stages of development, from prototyping, through production, to live operations. You are familiar with all the top mobile titles, and bring that wealth of knowledge to bear on content creation, with a deep understanding of the casual player.
- Drive content design and engage our audience with addicting, well-tuned gameplay
- Have a flair for writing and a sense of humor, to bring alive our characters
- Can generate clever character mechanics natural to DASH games
- Define new, fun content for our modern DASH games
- Communicate the overall creative vision and specific feature requirements to the team
- Write clear and concise game design documents
- Break down designs into estimated coding, design, art, UI, and sound tasks
- Drive the initial prototyping, tuning, game play pacing, first user experience, and difficulty ramp of a mobile game
- Embrace a metrics-driven approach to game design, learning from user data to ensure excellent retention, monetization, and meaningful social connections in the game design.
- Able to design continuously expanding content
- Able to design one-off content for events
- Source new ideas and draft concept proposals as required
- Understand and contribute to overall company goals and infusing DASH titles with the highest quality content
- 2+ years of free-to-play game design experience on mobile platforms or the web. Minimum total of 4+ years of game design experience.
- Has shipped numerous mobile and/or social games in a game design role
- Excellent analytical, facilitation and organizational skills required
- Proven user interface and user experience design required
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to work well in an agile manner with Product Managers, Artists, Producers, and Engineers to efficiently deliver excellent games while working within requirements and constraints of technology, schedule and budget
- Ability to rapidly generate and refine extremely fun game mechanics with compelling and relatable themes
- Strong experience at maintaining game data in spreadsheets
- Commitment to quality on time execution and team collaboration
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills essential