Mobile QA Tester
At our CrowdStar studio in Burlingame, we believe that there is a huge opportunity in interactive entertainment products for women. With our two top grossing titles, Covet Fashion and Design Home, CrowdStar has developed new ways for players to enjoy fashion and interior design. We are passionate not only about creating fun and engaging games for women but enriching lives outside of the game. We are a close-knit group who believe in a firm work life balance filled with family and room for future advancement.
We are looking for a passionate Mobile QA Tester for our Covet Fashion and Design Home titles. Covet Fashion, in its fourth year, continues to entertain and empower millions of players, with Design Home quickly ramping up to match! With product quality and player happiness being top priorities, our team needs a great Mobile QA Tester to test many large feature releases as we work towards continued growth. You’ll most often be:
- Using various tools to gather crash logs, console output and network traffic logs
- Working on backend testing, using CharlesProxy
- Building and testing on various mobile platforms
- Creating, editing and following test cases
- Clearly explaining, both verbally and in writing, the results of various tests that you conduct
- Attending meetings to report progress and critical issues
At Glu and CrowdStar, we believe in advancing the capabilities of everyone we work with. You’ll be exposed to, and will continue to hone your skills in:
- Building your knowledge base of the fashion industry, brands, influencers and trends
- Being instrumental in building out a product in a new and growing niche for women’s entertainment
- Many opportunities for growth and learning
There are many tech stacks out there, but this one is ours. Ideally we'd like you to be fluent with all of these technologies we use daily, stack ranked based on our frequency of use:
- Test Rail (Test Management Software)
- Crashlytics (Crash reporting software)
- CMS "Content Mangement System" (Web Admin Tools)
If all of this sounds exciting to you, we’ve found that those with these passions and skill/experience background were best setup for success. If you have a passion for:
- 2+ years of experience testing mobile games, ideally. Mobile applications that aren't mirrors of websites would be acceptable.
- Being the calm in a storm, balancing multiple spinning plates at once
- Prioritizing and multitasking in an ever changing and fast paced environment
- Strong analytic skills and creative problem solving
- Scripting or programming, to delve deeper into grey/white box testing opportunities
- Social and Mobile games!
Then we think you might be someone who would succeed here on the team at Glu / CrowdStar! If this sounds like the next chapter in the story of your career, we would love for you to apply so we can discuss your valuable skills and how we can benefit from each other!