Sr QA Tester
Glu Mobile (NASDAQ:GLUU) is a leading global developer and publisher of free-to-play games for smartphone and tablet devices. Glu is focused on creating compelling original IP games such as Cooking Dash, Deer Hunter, Covet Fashion, Design Home, Racing Rivals, TAP Sports Baseball, and branded IP games including Kim Kardashian: Hollywood, on the App Store, Google Play, Amazon Appstore, Facebook, Mac App Store, and Windows Phone. We have worldwide studios in North America and India. Our headquarters are in the heart of the bustling SOMA District of San Francisco. To learn more, follow this link: http://www.glu.com/
We are looking for a Senior Quality Assurance to work at our Hyderabad office. We’re trying to find a rockstar that will be an integral part of the Global QA team, someone who understands what makes games click and can help validate the product. You will help in setting up growing world class QA team and supervise effective QA test teams with a focus on delivering the highest quality products.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee and perform day-to-day testing for Glu iOS and Android apps.
- Own the release process from planning device and OS coverage and regression test coverage to release deployment.
- Lead functional testing by clearly defining required test plans and test criteria
- Anticipate and communicate risks areas proactively throughout the project’s lifecycle
- Request and evaluate QA tools that allow for better and easier testing of existing and future game functionality and content.
- Manage the QA team and evaluate the work results delivered by QA teams
- Train QA Testers and Senior QA testers as required, both in groups and one-on-one.
- 5+ years of experience in video game testing and 2+ yrs. as QA lead.
- Previously should have managed a team of 8-10 testers.
- Should be able to work independently with very less supervision.
- Passionate towards delivering the highest quality cross-platform entertainment experiences.
- Extensive experience in mobile game testing (Android + iOS)
- Experience in working in agile & live ops environments.
- Good experience in creating and maintaining the QA Test Plans, Checklist, and QA documentation.
- Expertise in the usage of bug tracking and Test management tools is a must.(JIRA and Test rail are plus)
- Proficiency with dev and debugging tools.
- Testing experience with the third-party SDKs.
- Working experience on game analytics tools.
- Experience in working in the agile environment (CI).
- Previous experience in working directly with engineering teams
- Basic knowledge with SQL databases
- Experience with build systems such as Jenkins, Team City, etc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Glu is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences to ensure a diverse and inclusive workplace.