Senior People Business Partner
Glu Mobile Overview:
Glu Mobile (NASDAQ:GLUU) is a leading global developer and publisher of free-to-play games for smartphone and tablet devices. Glu is focused on creating compelling original IP games such as Cooking Dash, Deer Hunter, Covet Fashion, Design Home, Racing Rivals, TAP Sports Baseball, and branded IP games including Kim Kardashian: Hollywood, on the App Store, Google Play, Amazon Appstore, Facebook, Mac App Store, and Windows Phone. We have worldwide studios in North America, Russia and India. Our headquarters are in the heart of the bustling SOMA District of San Francisco. To learn more, follow this link: http://www.glu.com/
At Glu Mobile, our People Team is focused on delivering amazing employee experiences in our creative centers around the world. We anticipate and meet the needs of all our employees both through partnerships based on trust and expertise, and through engaging and relevant programs and initiatives. We partner closely with each other in the People team and with our business partners, and strive to role model our values every day, in everything we do.
As a Senior People Business Partner, you are uniquely positioned to impact our business and influence our leaders and employees. Every day, you’ll partner closely with team members in the People team and in the business, and you’ll role model our values, in everything you do. You’ll also demonstrate a passion for your craft, constantly learning and testing new ways of helping our people and our business continue our exciting growth! Are you motivated to grow leaders and build organizational capabilities to deliver business results? Are you able to flex from the tactical to the strategic in the same conversation? Do you thrive in a rapidly changing and fast-paced environment? Do you have a strong track record of success as a strategic PBP who aligns and develops your clients? If this sounds like you, then we would love to talk to you about joining our San Francisco based Global People team!
What you’ll be doing:
- Build a business partner relationship based on trust and expertise, so you can work with leaders and employees to understand the business, goals, and challenges, and identify and/or help to address challenges
- Engage and influence management to support and implement People initiatives across the US, Canada and India
- Lead change management initiatives alongside the executive leadership team
- Provide leadership, consultation and advice to management teams in areas of workforce planning, performance management, training and development, and organizational effectiveness
- Work with managers and employees to address all types of employee relations issues ensuring a balance in representing all parties’ interests
- Use your critical thinking and analytical skills to help us measure the effectiveness of our People solutions
- Work closely with the Talent Acquisition team to engage the right talent that fits the studio and company culture and promotes talent density
- Partner with managers/leaders to provide an amazing onboarding experience to new hires, as they integrate into the Glu culture
- Lead the development and implementation of systems and processes to drive continuous learning and knowledge sharing across the organization in support of the business strategies
- Work with other members of the People team to update and apply our initiatives, programs, policies and procedures consistently across the business
- Bring both new and tested ideas to help us continue growing and developing our business partner function
- Collaborate and partner with People team (i.e.: Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Operations) on projects, programs and initiatives
- Be available to travel 10% of the time to remote offices
Your skills and experience include:
- 4+ years of HR experience with demonstrated success as HR Business Partner
- Excellent communication skills - must be an articulate and persuasive communicator including excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with company culture as well as standards, practices, policies, procedures, or government law
- Demonstrated success in creating and driving effective development, employee relations, retention and leadership programs
- Experience with exceptionally fast paced environments
- Ability to work effectively in an environment with a high level of ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to proactively manage projects from end to end
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field preferred
- PHR/SPHR/GPHR certification preferred
Your competencies include:
- Business Acumen: understand the business drivers, priorities, customer and competitor
- Organizational Savvy: know how to get things done both through the formal channels and informal network; understand the culture and needs of client groups as well as company consistently meet or exceed expectations.
- Agility: can effectively cope with and manage through change; ability to prioritize and smoothly manage multiple tasks; uses resources effectively and efficiently
- Integrity: proven ability to handle confidential information and situations; build trust and credibility within the organization; direct and truthful when presenting information and self
Bonus points if you have a passion for:
- Mobile Games
- OD / LD
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Glu is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences to ensure a diverse and inclusive workplace.