At our CrowdStar studio in Burlingame, soon to move to San Francisco, we believe that there is a huge opportunity in interactive entertainment products for women. With our two top grossing titles, Covet Fashion and Design Home, CrowdStar has developed new ways for users (players) to enjoy fashion and interior design. We are passionate not only about creating fun and engaging games for women but enriching lives outside of the game. We are a close-knit group who believes in a firm work life balance filled with family, and room for advancement for the future.
The UI/UX Designer is a skilled, multi-talented designer who will collaborate with team leads to create new and improved player experiences for Covet Fashion. This includes creating features from start to finish through wireframes, prototypes, animation, working with existing and new UI assets, icons, in-game graphics, and implementing UI in Cocos Creator. The UI/UX Designer will work closely with the Art Lead, Product Managers, and Engineers on features, and be a member of a talented in-house art team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborating with the Art Lead, Product Managers, and Engineers to design new features for the live game, Covet Fashion.
- Gathering product, technical, and user requirements to design features that can work seamlessly with existing systems, meeting business objectives, and creating delightful experiences for the audience.
- Creating wireframes, flow charts, prototypes and/or storyboards to convey design ideas and functionality for implementation.
- Rapidly iterating and implementing feedback to help finalize designs.
- Creating UI mockups with existing assets while working with the Art Lead to evolve the look and feel of the product.
- Animating examples of motion design and particle effects to help plan and create final in-game animations.
- Writing and maintaining UI/UX specs for feature designs.
- Implementing new UI elements in Cocos Creator, working closely with engineers to troubleshoot issues, and seeing designs through to completion in the game.
- Attending daily scrums, helping generate task lists based on specs, track work in Jira tickets, and following up with the Art Lead and Producer on tasks and schedules.
You’ll be a great fit if you have:
- At least 2 years of working as a UI/UX Designer for mobile games or similar digital products
- Excellent graphic design skills, including iconography and creating in-game marketing assets
- Strong knowledge of mobile UX patterns
- Great creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Adobe XD or Sketch, and After Effects
- Experience implementing UI in Unity or Cocos Creator
- Love of creative collaboration and ability to take direction well
- A passion for creating great entertainment products for women
Extra bonus points if you have:
- A passion for fashion
- Experience with Particle Designer
- Experience with HTML & CSS
- Experience with Spine: 2D animation for games
A portfolio is required for application and should include examples of:
- Prototypes and/or Motion Design
- Graphic Design and Iconography