Senior Server Engineer
At GluPlay, we believe that everything we do should be as fun as possible. Happy, supported, skilled people working, growing, and playing together is the best way to find the fun in every project or situation. Our passion for fun and consideration for people has led to amazing games and amazing fans. For years, our mobile games such as Cooking Dash and Restaurant Dash with Gordon Ramsay have been among Glu’s top titles. We’re pioneering new creative development practices, prototyping games that can shape their genres, building new flagship titles, and looking for engineers to do this with. If you share our beliefs in fun and in people, and love making amazing games, we can’t wait to hear from you!
We’re looking for a Server/Backend engineer who will help us to build out and run a sophisticated, heavily automated game backend service running in the cloud. This person will also experiment and innovate with new technologies to constantly improve our efficiency, scalability, and reliability while also being exposed to DevOps in the process.
- Is a key member of the cloud engineering team that implements and runs high performance and highly available services that support GluPlay’s portfolio of games.
- Further optimize the efficiency and availability of our cloud services.
- Implement/integrate automation and monitoring components in our cloud services.
- Is responsible for the full engineering life-cycle of projects including; requirements design, technical design, task estimation, implementation, testing, debugging, and deployment.
- Effectively and frequently communicates with team members to ensure rapid iteration and highly efficient development.
- 3+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years professional experience with API design and development
- Experience with production deployments using Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Java, Ruby, Python or another backend language
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Strong Familiarity with Linux environments and comfortable administering servers
- Experience with containers and its related technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS)
- Experience with Jenkins or other build tools
- Experience with schema design in high load environments
- Working experience in a live service mobile game or other web service