The Unstoppable, an affiliate of Glu Mobile, is looking for a VFX Artist to join our Minsk studio! In this role, you will help us break new ground on a title that will take real-time strategy and social connections between your team members to the next level. We are looking for a skilled, passionate senior artist that wants to own large pieces of the project and disseminate their expert knowledge within the rest of the team.
- Conceptualize, animate and implement particle effects (both realistic and non-realistic) such as fire, explosions, smoke, moving water, sparks, dust, clouds, exhaust, weather, etc.
- Work closely with designers, engineers a, d related artists to design, create and place VFX for games
- Work with UX/UI artists to create and integrate VFX for interface elements
- Work closely with Engine team to create and integrate VFX in battle gameplay
- Model, texture, animate, and light VFX assets to Design & Creative Directors’ specifications.
- Work closely with engineers and leads to troubleshoot art pipelines as needed
- Meticulous, organized approach to creating technically efficient and visually compelling VFX assets
- Use visual editing tools to create, place, and trigger effects
- 5+ years of professional creating Visual Effects for video games, with at least one shipped game as a VFX artist
- Demonstrable technical skills working with VFX pipelines for real-time 3D game engines
- Portfolio of work demonstrating proficiency in creating and implementing VFX in a real-time game environment
- Ability to create all assets related to VFX production
- Experience integrating VFX into UI
- Strong knowledge of lighting, color, and composition
- Thorough knowledge working with a 3D content authoring system (Maya, Max)
- University degree or diploma in Computer Science, Digital Art, or related field
- A passion for gaming in general and mobile games in particular
- Ability to write and apply shaders a plus
- Experience using Houdini for VFX production a plus