Sr. Systems Engineer
As a Systems Engineer at Glu, you will own many of Glu core infrastructure systems. You will be a member of a global team with wide reach and exposure to many technologies. Groups across Glu will rely on your guidance when it comes to the design of production and service infrastructure. Our ideal candidate is highly technical, has experience in technologically diverse environments, and is passionate about creating an amazing user experience.
If you join our team you will get to:
- Manage and administer corporate server infrastructure, cloud computing platforms, and enterprise applications
- Work with security, facilities, and engineering groups to develop and maintain a strong security posture
- Develop system and service architecture documentation for new technologies and applications
- Implement comprehensive monitoring and alerting strategies built around key performance and health indicators using tools such as Solarwinds.
- Lead internal initiatives that result in highly available, redundant, resilient systems and services
- Build tools to automate processes and operate production systems
- Communicate clearly with peers as well as management and provide technical leadership to more junior team members.
At Glu, we believe in advancing the capabilities of everyone we work with. We are a collaborative team that takes great pride in our work, but also has fun throughout the process. We love what we do and it shows in our products and the output of our work! We’ve found that those with these passions and skills have been setup for success with our team:
- BS in a technical field or 6 years of related experience
- Active Directory domain migrations for small to mid-sized companies
- Administration and maintenance of VMware environments
- Experience managing, designing and deploying infrastructure and systems in a datacenter environment.
- Automation using scripting languages such as Python and/or PowerShell
- Deep knowledge of network technology and protocols (TCP/IP, routing, switching, wireless)
- Expert in Windows server OS’s, working knowledge of Linux
- Solid experience in infrastructure virtualization, particularly with Amazon Web Services
- Experience managing infrastructure and endpoints in highly diverse, multi-platform environments
- Administration of VMWare, Atlassian, Cayosoft, Active Directory, Office 365 & Exchange,
- Experience managing deployments of ESXi hosts, Windows servers, enterprise storage, backup storage, SANS, etc.
You will delight us if you have experience in the following:
- Experience with Perforce, Git, and other version control software
- Experience with Linux and Macintosh support environments (JAMF, TeamCity, Nagios, Cacti, Splunk, etc.)
- Enterprise storage technology
- Understanding of Enterprise applications (O365, Google-Suite, Okta, DropBox, etc.)
- Understanding of database technology (MSSQL, My SQL, RDS)
- MCSA/MCSE Windows Server 2003 or above
- Citrix CCA
- CCNA with Specialization (Security, Voice, Wireless)
- Apple Certified System Administrator (ACSA)
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)