Home is the most popular interior design app with over 1 million daily active users creating more and 2 million uniquely designed rooms every day. The app is changing the dynamic between makers and consumers by putting a playground in between them where consumers can experience the products in a realistic and fun way from real life innovative brands including Design Within Reach, West Elm, Kathy Kuo, Arhaus, Apt2B and Serena & Lily.
Covet Fashion has gamified the way consumers experience the latest fashion, entertainment, and pop culture content. Women can virtually shop the latest styles from innovative brands including AYR, Calvin Klein, and Rachel Zoe, to create looks for virtual Style Challenges ranging from the practical to the fantastical. Other consumers within the app then cast their votes, determining "who wore it best", and each participant then receives a score and potential prize for each look submitted.
The ideal candidate is a skilled communicator who is proactive, can prioritize tasks and thinks strategically about creating impact and driving business objectives.
The candidate should have experience launching mobile products to traditional press and new media to reach key audiences. Storytelling around Design Home and Covet Fashion’s history, success, players, value proposition and innovation are core elements of this role. The candidate should also be able to develop proactive PR campaigns around Design Home and Covet Fashion, manage and fully execute them.
Be able to craft and drive narratives that communicate a studio approach to development and position it uniquely across industry, business and lifestyle press.
Must be able to work well cross-functionally both with other members of the PR team and across the organization with studio, product marketing, creative services, user research, legal etc.
This is a full-time position located at our headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
- Maintain relationships with key journalists across various verticals including; technology, gaming, consumer, lifestyle, design and fashion
- Lead proactive PR programs for various Design Home and Covet Fashion initiatives
- Develop and maintain materials including press releases, communications plans, briefing materials, coverage reports etc.
- Provide counsel and insight on industry news, crisis, and PR considerations for product initiatives
- Effectively position Design Home and Covet Fashion as leaders/innovators at the intersection(s) of fashion/lifestyle and technology
- Be able to translate details about Design Home and Covet Fashion into compelling public-facing narrative
- Bachelor's degree in English, Public Relations, Communications or related field
- 4+ years of experience in communications or public relations, preferably at an agency OR mobile developer
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion and interest in mobile games and/or technology