Sr. Financial Reporting Analyst
We are looking for a highly motivated, technically proficient, accounting professional for SEC reporting, Sarbanes Oxley compliance, accounting for technical issues and other special projects. This role would report to the Director of Financial Reporting. Particular areas of focus and expertise include but not limited to SEC reporting, Sarbanes Oxley, revenue recognition and technical accounting. We are also looking for someone with strong interpersonal communication skills as he/she will be interacting daily with people in various departments within the company.
SEC Reporting Responsibilities:
- Draft the Company’s Form 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K and other filings as needed, including financial statements, footnotes and MD&A
- Assist with the maintenance of XBRL requirements, including block and detail footnote tagging
- Perform annual SOX materiality and scoping exercise, risk assessment and development of annual SOX plan
- Own the Company's SOX documentation (narratives and risk control matrices), which includes drafting new controls and modifying existing controls to ensure documentation is current and in-line with policies.
- Evaluate and review internal control testing results and make remediation recommendations as necessary
- Assist with development and communication of corporate accounting policies and procedures
Revenue and Technical Accounting Responsibilities:
- Liaise with legal and sales departments regarding new revenue arrangements.
- Ensure the timely identification of significant and complex accounting issues and discussing the resolution and documentation of such issues with the external auditors.
- Other special projects as required (acquisition integration, new accounting guidance implementation, etc.)
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA with a minimum of 4-6 years experience including at least 3-4 years in a Big 4 or large regional public accounting firm, achieving the senior auditor level
- Proficient at Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Oracle or tier 1 ERP experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related field
- CPA preferred