As a Data Analyst, you will be the analytical data partner for our game studios. You will work closely with Game Designers & Product Managers to transform subjective discussions about product into concise analytic questions that deliver actionable answers. You will take a leadership role in managing studio relationships, mentoring junior analysts & shaping the evolution of our analytics infrastructure. This is a high visibility role that will have a direct impact on the success of some of our biggest titles.
For this role, we are looking for someone with strong business/product acumen & technical foundation.
- Work with game teams to measure and optimize performance of titles in beta and after worldwide launch.
- Using state of the art big data tools such as Hive, Presto and Redshift, to sift through billions of rows of data to answer challenging business questions.
- Help design and analyze AB and multivariate experiments.
- Using Tableau to build dashboards that allow game teams to self serve custom data for their titles.
- Collaborate with game team to define telemetry of titles.
- Continuously learn new technologies that advance analytic function at Glu
- Bachelors/Masters Degree in Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or related field.
- 3+ years experience as analyst, data scientist, or related quantitative role.
- High proficiency with SQL, especially in distributed environments (Hive/Presto).
- Comfortable in UNIX, Python.
- Understanding of statistical analysis and familiarity with core statistical functions.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Passion for aggressively finding opportunity in data.
- Passion for gaming.
- Experience with Hadoop, HP Vertica, and other big data technologies.
- Experience with statistical packages such as R or SAS.
- Predictive analytics or machine learning experience.