We are looking for a highly motivated, technically proficient, professional to manage our bi-weekly payroll for North America and assist with various payroll, equity, & accounting related projects. This role reports to the Corporate Controller but will work directly with the Senior Payroll Analyst and our employees as well as the G&A team. We are also looking for someone who is detailed and with strong interpersonal communication skills.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of bi-weekly payrolls for our US and Canada locations
- Provide prompt, friendly, and efficient customer service to employees who have questions regarding their pay, deductions, or the payroll process
- Partner with Human Resources and IT to ensure accurate and timely transfers of data between departments and systems
- Review and ensure accuracy of payroll calculations, off-cycle checks, approved timesheets, garnishments and other special payroll deductions
- Ensure payroll is processed in compliance with multi-state wage and hour laws
- Assist in accounting/general ledger functions as it relates to payroll and compensation (journal entries, payroll accruals, account reconciliations, etc.)
- Assist with SOX compliance by adhering to internal control requirements, maintaining updated documentation for payroll related processes and providing recommendations as appropriate
- Perform quarterly and annual audits with internal, 401-k auditors and other external auditors
- Assist with Stock payroll reporting and compliance Stock administration
- Collaborate with the Payroll team and GL team members to review and optimize current processes and procedures
- Perform special projects or other duties as requested.
You’ll be a great fit if you have:
- Minimum 2 years of payroll processing experience for a public company with multi-state payroll
- Minimum 1 year experience in ADP WFN a must.
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Basic knowledge of state and federal wage and tax laws and overtime requirements.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Excel (Vlookup, Formulas, Pivots)
- Proficient in Word and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Other major payroll and accounting applications a plus.
- Strong Technical computer skills
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure
- Self-sufficient - individual contributor
- Team player - works well with others
- Innovative/Resourceful - problem solver
- Workday HRIS experience would be nice to have
- 401k experience would be nice to have
- Equity (RSU, NQ, DQ DP) experience would be nice to have
- Benefits management experience would be nice to have