Responsible for policy transaction processing and technical support functions for the organization.
Position & Responsibilities
- Pending all binders coming through the imaging binder queue to meet service level standards
- Clearance of submissions in Bridge and/or PAS (Duck Creek) as needed.
- Issuance of policies in Bridge or Docucorp for the various lines of business in a timely and accurate manner.
- Issuance of endorsements in Bridge or Docucorp for the various lines of business in a timely and accurate manner.
- Booking of all policies in the underwriting policy queue to meet service level standards.
- Booking of all endorsements in the underwriting endorsement queue to meet service level standards.
- Checking all assigned coded policies from the Data Quality Tracking System within 5 business days of assignment, routing or correcting same as needed, within 5 business days of date the item is assigned.
- Participation in the training of the staff in all aspects of the various tasks and lines of business to ensure redundancy throughout the unit.
- Participation in the documentation of processes and flows to ensure accuracy and availability to the DSG home office and field office personnel.
- Review of all reports ensuring priorities are addressed immediately.
- Sending requests to agent for missing valid surplus lines numbers for the individual risks to be able to book and meet the required state regulations.
- Generation of Problem forms for transactions that have issues prohibiting issuance or booking.
- Compiling full copies of a policy (including all subsequent transactions for the policy term) to comply with requests for certified policies received from the claims department.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with Actuarial, Claims, Field Operations, Loss Control, Premium Audit, Systems and Underwriting to improve the functional effectiveness of the personnel/organization through continuous process improvement.
- Obtain both a general liability and property rating certification within twenty-four months of obtaining the position.
- Obtain Certificate in General Insurance (INS Coursework).
Requirements & Qualifications:
- High school diploma required.
- Insurance background in rating, data entry and policy issuance preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and advise business leaders and staff as a general resource for training issues.
- Flexibility in moving effectively between tasks and priorities.
- Ability to put in additional time as warranted.
- Portray a professional image and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work accurately with detailed information.
- Ability to work both individually and as a team.
- A positive attitude, with a sense of urgency directed toward the design or creative solutions.
Global Indemnity Group celebrates and supports differences. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, customers and communities we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.